Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ext Designer, Proxy Server

I was really intending to buy a license but with this kind of problems ... never
    Ext JS + Adobe AIR solutions

Question Offline Activation?

Is there some sort of offline activation available? Cause right now I'm stuck with trying to get it past the lovely NTLM auth at my work place :/

Me too.

I want to test the designer. So +1 for NTLM support.

Jarred,
    Just curious... With the release of XDS 1.2 out today, has this issue been resolved?
    Perfection as a goal is a nice idea that can point one in a specific direction. However, since "perfection" is an ever changing (evolving?) and moving target, one must admit that perfection can never be obtained...

When in doubt, check the d4mn source code!
    ================================================
    And here are my terms...

1. I don't care if you use my source code. (Known as "Code.")
    2. I don't care if I get any monetary compensation.
    3. I do care to receive credit for Code provided. So, please keep my name in the comments for Code provided.
    4. Code is provided without warranty "AS-IS" and I claim absolutely no warranty nor liability to the quality, security, and run-ability on any platform.
    5. By using Code, you accept all risk inherit with Code regardless if Code has known and yet to be discovered bugs.
    6. You are welcome to change and improve the Code to best meet your needs.
    7. I don't care if you use the Code in a commercial or open-source project.
    8. You are not required to contact me prior to using the Code.

Simple. Enjoy.

Sencha Premium Member

Here's how I was able to activate Ext Designer from behind an NTLM proxy:

1. Download and install the following software if you don't have it already:

• Cygwin (if you're on Windows)
    • Python - just be sure you install the package when installing Cygwin - I don't think it's installed by default.
    • The NTLM Authorization Proxy Server from http://ntlmaps.sourceforge.net/ - the download is just a zip file that you unzip somewhere.

2. In the ntlmaps-0.9.9.0.1 folder, set the following values in the server.cfg file:

• PARENT_PROXY - the name of the corporate proxy server
    • PARENT_PROXY_PORT - the port used by the corporate proxy server
    • ALLOW_EXTERNAL_CLIENTS - set this to 1 if you're going to authenticate Ext Designer on a machine other than the one running your proxy server.
    • NT_DOMAIN - the NT domain used by your username
    • USER - the username you use when logging into the domain
    • PASSWORD - the password you use when logging into the domain

3. Once all that is set, start the proxy server with the command:

python main.py

You should see something like this:

Code:
    NTLM authorization Proxy Server v0.9.9.0.1
    Copyright (C) 2001-2004 by Dmitry Rozmanov and others.
    Now listening at <local hostname> on port <local port>
    4. In the Ext Designer proxy setup, use <local hostname> and <local port> (defaults to port 5865) for the proxy server, HTTP as the proxy type, and your domain username and password.

This *should* allow you to connect to the Sencha servers to authenticate your copy of Ext Designer. Once Ext Designer has been successfully authenticated, you can go ahead and kill your local proxy server - Ext Designer will work normally without it now.

This is what worked for my co-worker and I. As always, your mileage may vary.

Does this work when the firewall setting uses a autoconfiguration script (.pac file)??
    Perfection as a goal is a nice idea that can point one in a specific direction. However, since "perfection" is an ever changing (evolving?) and moving target, one must admit that perfection can never be obtained...

And here are my terms...

3. I do care to receive credit for Code provided. So, please keep my name in the comments for Code provided.
    4. Code is provided without warranty "AS-IS" and I claim absolutely no warranty nor liability to the quality, security, and run-ability on any platform.
    5. By using Code, you accept all risk inherit with Code regardless if Code has known and yet to be discovered bugs.

Simple. Enjoy.

Sencha Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by lorezyra View Post
    Does this work when the firewall setting uses a autoconfiguration script (.pac file)??
    Our environment doesn't use a script like that, so I'm not sure if it would work or not.

Sencha User

+1 for automatic proxy configuration file (pac)
    can't make it work.

Sencha User

@client site: Company IT will not allow 3rd party proxy software installations on their machines. These machines are not allowed on non-company networks. Hence, without an offline registration process and patching process, this will make it very difficult to sell to management. Note, the product is very rich with features and very friendly to use, but without the ability to properly handle proxies, this will make it difficult for corporate developers to get adoption.

Cheers,

Robert

Default non-internet registration

I agree. Especially for trail software, they should not require internet registration. Adobe software, for example, only requires registration after the trail period is over...

The current strategy employed for Designer is seriously lacking and only targets a finite audience.

And why not just allow us to enter a serial number directly into a (non-internet based ) registration form to validate our ownership of the software!??

And here are my terms...

Simple. Enjoy.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast