Thread: [CLOSED] cmp.el.setHeight() breaks cmp.setHeight()

Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.

Default [CLOSED] cmp.el.setHeight() breaks cmp.setHeight()

I have a new issue introduced with 3.2 final. Before this was working as expected.

Setup:
    I create a panel with fixed height. Later I need to resize it (change the height), while resizing should be animated. So I first call mycmp.el.setHeight() (as only el.setHeight() can be animated) and in it's callback mycmp.setHeight() (as el.setHeight() only touched the outermost div).

Behaviour:
    The panel is constructed of four divs. On mycmp.el.setHeight() the outermost (class x-panel) gets resized properly (even animated), but the third (class x-panel-body) holds it's previous fixed size (that's why I have to make the second call, then to mycmp.setHeight()). On the following mycmp.setHeight(), nothing is changed in the third div.

Reproduce:
    - Make a panel with fixed height in config
    - Expand it's height as described
    - Bam

Workaround:
    - Use 3.2 Beta (no don't do it it has a nasty bug with grids in never-activated tabs)
    - Call only mycmp.setHeight(). The outermost div (x-panel) isn't touched, but the third (x-panel-body) gets its proper new height.

Is this a real bug or is this intended couse of some weird voodoo things?

Sencha User

It's not a bug. How do you expect it to know anything to resize any inner element just because you are setting the height of its outermost element?

You have to be a bit cleverer than that to animate the size of a complex structure like that. You have to use the Ext.lib.anim and an onTween listener to sync the Component height with the Element height

Thanks for the fast answer.

Actually I didn't expect the component to be resized by .el.setHeight(), therefor I called the components .setHeight() after finishing the animation.

I have no idea, why the x-panel-body div should not be touched after playing around with the encapsulating element. (btw, no js error message, neither in Firefox not Chrome).

Sencha User

It should work if you do call setSize on the Panel. Must be something else. We need to see a testcase.