Thread: Pagination with groups

Sencha User

Default Pagination with groups

Has anyone successfully solved paging with groups?

I want the pagination to be based on the number of groups, not the number of records.
    For example:
    - I have 30 contacts.
    - Each contact has 0 to n addresses.
    - Let's say I have pages of 10 contacts. Regardless of how many total addresses are displayed (the grid scrolls if there are bunches), I'd like the grid to paginate on the 11th, 21st, etc. contact. (The pagination would be completely ignoring the total number of records returned from the dataset, 'cause 10 contacts might return 35 total records, 3.5 addresses per contact).

You could fool with the dataset and return address records as subsets of a contact, but then you lose all the fanciness that comes with grouping.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Jason
    Don't measure excellence against others, but rather against the best implementation of yourself.

Ext Premium Member

Hi Jason,

did you solve the problem?

Regards,

Martin

Sencha User

Nope, went a different way with it...actually - just left out paging altogether.

Somebody smarter than me will figure it out eventually and I'll use their suggestion, though, I'm hoping.

J
    Don't measure excellence against others, but rather against the best implementation of yourself.

I'm in same boat