Thread: Problem with initial window size on IE7

Default Problem with initial window size on IE7

Hello,
    I was toying around with the window component trying to use contentEl since i don't need anything fancy inside the window. It's working mighty fine in IE8 & FF3.5 but i went into IE8's compatibility mode (and later confirmed it on IE7) and got a nasty bug where my window starts about 3 screens big with a property of left: -5000. I haven't modified anything in extjs/ext's css and it does so even if i don't have any of my own css.
    Here is a minimal example that reproduces it for me (taken from the hello world sample on extjs , minimized and modified to use contentEl)

Code:

<!DOCTYPEHTMLPUBLIC"-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN""http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
    <html>
    <head>
    <title>Hello World Window Example</title>
    <linkhref="ClientSide/JS/ExtJS/css/ext-all.css"rel="stylesheet"type="text/css"/>
    <scriptsrc="ClientSide/JS/ExtJS/adapter/ext/ext-base.js"type="text/javascript"></script>
    <scriptsrc="ClientSide/JS/ext-all-debug.js"type="text/javascript"></script>
    <scripttype="text/javascript">
    Ext.onReady(function() {
    var win;
    var button = Ext.get('show-btn');
    button.on('click', function() {
    // create the window on the first click and reuse on subsequent clicks
    if (!win) {
    win = new Ext.Window({
    contentEl: 'hello-win'
    });
    }
    win.show(this);
    });
    });</script>
    </head>
    <body>
    <inputtype="button"id="show-btn"value="Hello World"/>
    <divid="hello-win"class="x-hidden">
    <label>test</label>
    </div>
    </body>
    </html>

It also works fine if i specify a size but i want dynamic content inside and it already works fine in IE8/FF3.5. Searching a bit on the web didn't yield any results so i assume i'm doing something wrong.

Any help is most appreciated.

Sencha Premium Member

Default Ditto

I'm having the exact same problem here. We've been running for over a year in production and recently upgraded to 3.1 and suddenly some of our windows are displaying way off the left side of the screen (left: -5000px), where they were sizing to content before. I've tried looking through the source to see if there's anything odd about the hide-mode (such as using offsets for hiding), but haven't seen anything that jumpt out at me.

Have you had any luck resolving this?

Sencha User

Hi, I'm having also this problem. It works properly in IE8, FF and Opera but in IE7 exactly as described above. It's really weird and it seems to be a bug. Is there any solution or workaround? I need to use the contentEl attribute in the window component.

Thanks!

"bump"