Thread: Change tabpanel from Grid to Form

Default Change tabpanel from Grid to Form

Hi everybody,

I'm sure this can be done, but not by me (without help)

Ive got a tabPanel, and on one tab I've got a grid. So far, so good. I can click on a grid, and fire a event. But now I want *in the same tab* to 'remove' te grid, and open the record the user clicked on in a form. I can easily do this in a *new, different* tab, but I don't want that... Of course, when the user clicks submit on the form, I want them to get back to the grid again...

ie: how do I change the content of a panel from Grid to Form - and back again?

thanks for any help!

Paul

try with saki extension BindManager .
    http://examples.extjs.eu/?ex=databind

the record the user clicked is saved in "tabPanel".boundrecord

after the grid close/destroy and form rendered , the boundrecord may be used with form load function

i'm not expert it's perhaps not the good way ..

Default Thank you, but that was not the answer...

Thank you, Deka49,

Quote Originally Posted by deka49 View Post
    after the grid close/destroy and form rendered , the boundrecord may be used with form load function
    But that was not exactly what I meant. What I mean is: how do I destroy/create a new control on a tabPanel? That is my problem. I think I can manage the information about the record the user wants...

But my problem is: how can I bind a form to a existing panel, probably while first destroying the grid?

thanks anyway for your time!

Paul

Default [SOLVED] Change tabpanel from Grid to Form

Hi Everybody,

solved my own problem, thought I'd post it here... it turns out to be very simple - but maybe not if you are a novice like me..
    The grid is obviously the grid clicked on, the tabs is the tabPanel, and there exists one tab called 'Contacts'.
    Code:
      grid.on('rowclick', function(grid,rowIndex,e) {
        var record = grid.store.getAt(rowIndex);
        var checkbox = e.getTarget('.x-grid3-td-checker');
        if(!checkbox)
        {
          var tab = tabs.getItem('Contact');
          tab.destroy();
          tab.add(fs);
          tabs.doLayout(true);

};
      }, grid);
    This code destroys the grid that is on the tab, and replaces it with a form. TODO: getting the right data there, submitting the form, and getting back to the grid...! :-)

Paul