Thread: Force focus on invalid field after form validation

Default Force focus on invalid field after form validation

The subject just about sums up my question, I have various forms being created dynamically, I also have attached events to each field to allow submission based on the enter key. If a user tries to submit by pressing enter (or the submit button) and the form validation fails, I would like the focus to be placed on the first field which fails validation? This must have been done before. I can see how I could loop through the fields and check isValid() for each and set focus on the first encountered element, but wondered if there was an easier or more elegant solution?

I don't think there is. You'll have to find the first one and call focus() on it. A quick

Code:
    var firstInvalid = myFormPanel.getForm().items.find(function(f){return !f.isvalid();});
    if (firstInvalid) {
        firstInvalid.focus();
    }
    should do it.

Cheers Animal, thought there might be some shortcut I had missed in my search.

Don't know if you'll see this Animal but should this also work for basicForm? I know the basicForm has an items mixed collection (although I can't see it in the API docs), this has a find function but I get an f.isvalid() is not a valid function, stepping through the code in FF and I can't seem to find the problem.

Code:
    find : function(fn, scope){
    	for(var i = 0, len = this.items.length; i < len; i++){
    		if(fn.call(scope || window, this.items[i], this.keys[i])){
    			return this.items[i];
    		}
    	}
    	return null;
    },
    Edit:

Just had a look before posting this, I'm sure I have been using the code above successfully but the isvalid() function should be isValid(). Works fine now.