Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Inetllij 2020.2 not supported

Answers

Except for the yearly license renewals much of Sencha/ExtJS looks dead, would be really nice if they could just opensource the tools and let us fix them our self, since they're not being maintained anyway. (Cmd missing source mapping etc + IDE plugins).
    I'm still using old PHP Storm, have not found any workaround on the new version
    Sven Tore Iversen

Sencha Premium Member

I see this error in IntelliJ 2020.2 during startup:
    Caused by: groovy.lang.GroovyRuntimeException: Conflicting module versions. Module [groovy-xml loads in version 2.5.8 and you try to load version 2.5.11
    I was able to fix this by removing the groovy * -2.5.8 * .jar files from the plugin. The plugin seems to work with 2.5.11. I have not tested the plugin thoroughly, but have not seen any errors yet. This is, of course, a temporary solution.

On my windows 10 machine the Sencha plugin are located here: C:\Users\<my user id>\AppData\Roaming\JetBrains\IntelliJIdea2020.2\plugins\sencha-jetbrains-plugin\lib. I just deleted all the groovy jars and the enabled the plugin again.

Sencha Premium User

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus.Nielsen View Post
    I see this error in IntelliJ 2020.2 during startup:
    Caused by: groovy.lang.GroovyRuntimeException: Conflicting module versions. Module [groovy-xml loads in version 2.5.8 and you try to load version 2.5.11
    I was able to fix this by removing the groovy * -2.5.8 * .jar files from the plugin. The plugin seems to work with 2.5.11. I have not tested the plugin thoroughly, but have not seen any errors yet. This is, of course, a temporary solution.
    Thanks for your answer. Can you tell us how you did this?

Sencha Premium User

Thanks Marcus!

I'm on Win10 too and deleting those jars fixed the issue.

Sencha Premium User jvandemerwe's Avatar
    Answers

Well, it would be nice that Sencha at least gives an update on this. Don't mind that they still work on it, I do mind that no one of Sencha is giving any updates on the expectation when it is available.
    Professional Sencha ExtJS and PHP development since 2007

Sencha Premium Member

Based on Windows hack listed above, I did the same for Ubuntu. On Ubuntu 18.04 with Jetbrains Toolbox, and running IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate 2020.2, the libraries are found under ~/.local/share/JetBrains/IntelliJIdea2020.2/sencha-jetbrains-plugin/lib. Deleting groovy-2.5.8.jar, groovy-json-2.5.8.jar and groovy-xml-2.5.8.jar seems to work. I did the following to get the plugin working:

rm -f ~/.local/share/JetBrains/IntelliJIdea2020.2/sencha-jetbrains-plugin/lib/groovy*2.5.8.jar
    Start IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate 2020.2
    Enable plugin
    Restart IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate 2020.2

Everything seems to work as expected for me. Sencha JetBrains Plugin regression testing and production release would be a much better solution.

Answers

Hey guys... on MAC these work too, have removed all files contain groovy in start of name from the folder:

[username]/Library/Application Support/JetBrains/WebStorm2020.2/plugins/sencha-jetbrains-plugin/lib
    thz for the idea

Sencha Premium User jvandemerwe's Avatar
    Answers

When using PHPStorm when installed with Jetbrains Toolbox, make sure you delete the files from the proper configuration.

Jetbrains Toolbox is placing the installation in its own directory within the toolbox folders.

Attachment 58230

Click on the "cog" symbol behind the application (see image link above)

Attachment 58231

Click on Settings (see imag link above)

Attachment 58232

Click on "show" at the Configuration (see image link above)

Then follow the steps as mentioned earlier and delete the "Groovy.." jar files.

PS. Thank you all for this solution, I already got desperate that Sencha itself seems to be in an early wintersleep regarding this.
    Professional Sencha ExtJS and PHP development since 2007

Sencha Premium User

It's all wonderful! But it is not acceptable that a paid product does not work, it is not an opensource product, ergo it must be fixed.

Surprisingly enough that works for Webstorm as well, where WebStorm2020.2 was the latest version I had installed.

I renamed the goovy*.jars at C:\Users\<My User ID>\AppData\Roaming\JetBrains\WebStorm2020.2\plugins\sencha-jetbrains-plugin\lib, enabled the plugin, and restarted and it works fine.

Also still no new nightlies so it seems like IDERA is happy to take our money, but they seem really uninterested in making sure we have uninterrupted use of the products we are paying for.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast