Thread: Okay, Tree View - How do I get there?

Sencha MVP Team Member
    Answers

Default Answered: Okay, Tree View - How do I get there?

Using Sencha Test 2.3. Documentation states "Switch between Tree View and Code View"

I've been looking within the product how to make that simple "switch" and cannot find it. For starters there is a screenshot in the documentation having </> which I am assuming is a switch back to code view. Unfortunately there is NOTHING on the right side when I'm in Sencha Test that would allow me to even think about switching to tree view.

So how is this done? Documentation doesn't tell you and there are few resources available for Sencha Test giving any kind of hands on how to navigate and use the product.

Any help here is appreciated.
    Andy Allord
    Sencha MVP/Software Engineer

2. If your test suite contains valid code and it has a ".js" file extension, the "Show Tree View" button should become visible on the toolbar, allowing you to switch to the Code tree view:

Attachment 58218

Sencha - Sales Team daniel.gallo's Avatar
    Answers

If your test suite contains valid code and it has a ".js" file extension, the "Show Tree View" button should become visible on the toolbar, allowing you to switch to the Code tree view:

TreeViewButton.jpg
    Daniel Gallo
    Sales Engineer
    Sencha

Sencha MVP Team Member
    Answers

Okay... Now I'm feeling foolish... I swear yesterday in a cloud instance of development (at work) I had valid code and was actually running tests. I didn't think about tree view until I started playing around more and couldn't see the option... At home where my personal development takes place locally it appeared fine...

Now checking this morning, it shows now at work even this morning after logging in and checking.

Thanks Dan... Feeling foolish but this is not the first unique incident something is different when working in cloud development vs. local development...
    Andy Allord

Sencha MVP Team Member
    Answers

One MAJOR thing I found that could be costly to new and even experienced users of Sencha Test.

I went in and commented out all it() blocks but one to test my assumption why I didn't see the tree view icon in the work instance. I assumed it was because when I first added this post I had only one it() block. When I checked for it again I had several it() blocks and was able to see it. So I wanted to find out if the bug was due to only having a single it() inside the test.

Once commenting them out and clicking on tree view then switching back to code view ALL commented code as no longer being displayed in code view. Just like that comments were gone... Fortunately I had not saved the file after noticing the commented lines were no longer appearing and just closed Sencha Test and restarted it while in code view. All commented code was still there.

I don't know and I am glad I don't because it was a fairly long test that was functioning and I really wouldn't have treasured the thought of starting over. But I also don't know had I saved the file when I could not see the commented code would of those lines of code been lost.

I am reporting a bug on this right now as I feel it needs to be checked out before someone loses a couple hours of work. No, I've not tested again on the file I'm currently working on and will see what I can find later in a junk file to test this bug further.

We are just starting to dive into Sencha Test at work and I want to make sure other developers don't have this create a real problem for us.
    Andy Allord