Thread: Preventing view popping in navigation view in ExtJS modern

Sencha User

Default Preventing view popping in navigation view in ExtJS modern

Hi,

I am using the modern framework and I would like to prevent the current view from popping when the back button is pressed. This is mainly to show the user a confirmation dialog when they modified something and not saved it and pushed the back button (either on the device or on the top of the navigation view).
    I have tried two methods:
    1. First the pop event of the navigation view with returning false This is obviously not working because it is not the beforepop event (which does not exist)
    2. Then tried the beforeactiveitemchange event. This works more or less, the only issue is that if I prevent the active item from changing (i.e. popping the view), the titlebar still seems to change back to the previous view, so after a few prevented pops the back button disappears even though the user is still deep down somewhere in the view structure

So do you have any more ideas on that?
    Thanks

Sencha User

It turns out that beforeactiveitemchange doesn't work either, because it not only fires when the view is popped, it also fires when another view is pushed into the main view, but in the latter case I don't need the check. I haven't thought of this...
    So anyway, I'm completely stuck on this for now