Thread: Cell specifik widget in Modern

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

Default Cell specifik widget in Modern

I'm trying to create a modern based application (running 6.6.0 currently, but 6.7.0 is fine to use also) where every cell in the grid can have its own widget. The documented solution for widgets is to have a widget column with a widget config. This will result in all cells in a single column to use a widget. This is not my use case.

My approach so far is to try to create a widget selector widget that overrides the getWidget function and there returns the appropriate widget based on the data for that cell. Problem I have is that it seems difficult to convince the grid framework to cooperate with the returned widget. I've tried to create the appropriate widget with Ext.create({xtype: "WIDGET-XTYPE"}) but it doesn't render correctly.

Is my approach valid or should I focus on widget column instead of widget?

Sencha - Forum Administrator
    Answers

Thank you so much for your post. I apologize for the delay. I have shared this with the support staff to look into at their earliest convenience. Your patience is greatly appreciated!

Thanks again,

Michele

Sencha User
    Answers

I have never tried to do this... so just spit balling.... could you use the same widget but display different panels based on the same data? Then each cell would use the same widget but would behave differently. THere would be over head because you would be creating panels that were not used... but it may work.

Ext Support Team
    Answers

Hello Larssa,

You need to add widget in cell with xtype

https://fiddle.sencha.com/#view/editor&fiddle/2tbv

Regards,
    Kumar
    Sencha Support.