Thread: Do tooltips work on a device using classic library?

Sencha Premium Member

Default Do tooltips work on a device using classic library?

Hi,

We currently have a number of forms that use the ExtJS 6.5 classic library. The controls on these forms have tooltips. We use the Quicktip feature to support this. Viewing these forms on a desktop etc is fine, and the tooltips display as expected, but if we view on a tablet, the tooltips do not display.

I know that if we use the modern library, the tooltips will show, but does anyone know if the classic library is supposed to provide the same support?

Thanks,

Derek Brennan.

Sencha - Forum Administrator
    Answers

Thank you for your post, Derek. I apologize for the delay. I have shared this with the support staff and someone will get back to provide assistance as soon as possible. Your patience is greatly appreciated!

Kind Regards,

Michele

Sencha MVP Team Member
    Answers

Classic Toolkit
    ToolTip is a Ext.tip.Tip implementation that handles the common case of displaying a tooltip when hovering over a certain element or elements on the page. It allows fine-grained control over the tooltip's alignment relative to the target element or mouse, and the timing of when it is automatically shown and hidden.

Modern Toolkit
    This class provides extra contextual information for components/elements by attaching to a target. The tip will show based on mouseover (or touch, depending on the environment) and align itself to the target.

They are triggered by different events. Classic trigger does not support mobile platform. We've encountered this in our own projects and have found no solution other than using modern in a mobile environment.