Thread: Modern app behavior changes on iOS 12.3

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

Default Modern app behavior changes on iOS 12.3

Has anyone deployed a modern toolkit 6.6 app to an iPad with iOS 12.3? I have found that the onAppUpdate() function no longer fires when the app has been added to the iPad home screen. The only way I can update the app is to go back to Safari, download it again from the server, and add it back to the home screen. That's not good.

It also seems that the launch() function of the app is no longer executed once the app has been opened once. If I close the app and come back to it, the last active view is shown. It doesn't start over like it used to. I'm not sure yet if that is good or bad. From a user's standpoint I guess that is the way it should work.

I'm just curious if anyone else has seen this behavior on iOS 12.3. This same app does not show that behavior on iPads that have not been updated to 12.3.

Sencha - Forum Administrator
    Answers

Thank you so much for your post. I apologize for the delay. I have shared this with the support staff and someone will get back to provide assistance as soon as possible. Your patience is greatly appreciated!

Kind Regards,

Michele