Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extjs 6.5, 6.6 or 6.7?

Sencha User

Default Extjs 6.5, 6.6 or 6.7?

Are there any show-stoppers with extjs 6.7 modern? Is it stable enough for production? or should I stick to 6.5 or 6.6?

thanks,
    Mark

Sencha Premium User mitchellsimoens's Avatar

I’d definitely stay away from 6.7.0, way too many bugs introduced in modern toolkit. They really need to release a 6.7.1 FAST.
    Mitchell Simoens @LikelyMitch

Check out my GitHub:
    https://github.com/mitchellsimoens

Posts are my own, not any current, past or future employer's.

Sencha User

What about 6.6? Is there an open bug list?

There's not an open bug list and I do feel 6.6.0 isn't a bad release (I mean almost all of it was code from before the layoff). 6.7.0 was just a terrible release with unfinished features causing huge bugs and poor api design.

Check out my GitHub:

Ext JS Premium Member

We migrated from 6.2 to 6.6. It was fairly seamless. You may have some challenges but those aren't bugs in EXTJS.

-Doug

Ext JS Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    I’d definitely stay away from 6.7.0, way too many bugs introduced in modern toolkit. They really need to release a 6.7.1 FAST.
    Do you have any specific examples?
    I am deep into a 6.7.0 modern-based project and haven't found any showstoppers so far. Using open tooling has been somewhat challenging compared to sencha cmd but the app itself works. Only thing I have noticed a missing scrollbar on Ext.list.Tree when resizing the browser window.

Are you using open tooling because Sencha Cmd is not available in 6.7.0?

Ext JS Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto Lopez View Post
    Are you using open tooling because Sencha Cmd is not available in 6.7.0?
    Under the hoods, new tooling uses Sencha Cmd for certain things.
    No, sometimes you need to be dragged into the future kicking and screaming. I really like the "sencha watch" replacement that is much faster.

Quote Originally Posted by tangix View Post
    Do you have any specific examples?
    I am deep into a 6.7.0 modern-based project and haven't found any showstoppers so far. Using open tooling has been somewhat challenging compared to sencha cmd but the app itself works. Only thing I have noticed a missing scrollbar on Ext.list.Tree when resizing the browser window.
    The new locking grid was like 90% finished when the acquisition happened. What this means is in 6.7.0 it still isn't 100%. There isn't a unified API to select a row for all regions. Double click to start cell editing and tab thru, it stays in the one region where it should go across the whole row and then jump down to the next row when at the end.

I had seen where the grid's scroll position and resizing things could make the grid blank.

The viewport was completely borked where the resize event was killing all layout updates.

The responsive was broken, an easy work around but you'd have to see it on the forum to know the work around.

These were things that were actually fixed before 6.7.0 was released but since Sandeep released a random build without people knowing they didn't make it in. I expected a quick 6.7.1 but am surprised it hasn't been released. 6.7.0 build that is out has a build date of 12-18-2018 but was released on 2-7-2019 per the blog; almost 2 months in between.

Check out my GitHub:

Ext JS Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    These were things that were actually fixed before 6.7.0 was released but since Sandeep released a random build without people knowing they didn't make it in. I expected a quick 6.7.1 but am surprised it hasn't been released. 6.7.0 build that is out has a build date of 12-18-2018 but was released on 2-7-2019 per the blog; almost 2 months in between.
    Thanks - good to know what to look out for.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast