Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Support Portal Down

Sencha User

I purchased a new Sencha license on Friday. I will not get into the reasons for purchase a new licenses. I would guess that my licenses is the only new license anyone has purchased in a year or so. I have to wonder if adding my new account to the system broke it.

I have worked with Extjs when at another company. I used it back in the pre commercial Jack Slocum days. It is the most complete tool I have used. I spend a lot of time in the code as that is really the only way you can get "support" is looking in the code and figuring it out yourself. I learn new things all the time looking at the code base as it is very well written and documented.

With that said, there is no leadership at this company. They don't have a CEO, they have a General Manager who is the General Manager for several companies and works in NY and Sencha is located in Texas. If something like the support portal was down at my company for an hour on a Sunday my boss would either fix it himself or if he could not he would be on the phone with the people that could. And if for some reason it still did not get fixed the CEO would drive over to my house and help me figure out what the heck the problem was. It is now 10:00am on Sunday. It has been down since Friday afternoon. I have yet to login and download my newly purchased software.

At Sencha, I would guess that the GM does not even know it is down. I would guess that no one at Sencha knows it is down. They certainly never go to this forum.

I had this lack of leadership conversation with my salesmen when I was purchasing my license. He of course has no authority at Sencha and gave me all the lip service that a salesmen would give a customer. Everything is about the rosy future and how all the problems I have seen within Sencha are in the process of getting addressed. Of course that is all BS.

end of rant.

Sencha Premium Member

Yes...I confirm that as well. It was working briefly yesterday evening but is now down again.

Sencha Premium Member

I've sent two email messages to "[email protected]" and have tweeted at them a couple of times as well. I haven't heard a single response. I don't believe they are unaware of this problem, which is more problematic than them being clueless. The fact that the site worked for however short of a period yesterday suggests that someone, somewhere is working on it. What is inexcusable, however, is that the problem has not been acknowledged. How hard would it be to send out a message saying "we know our service is down and we're working to fix it"? Sencha has clearly taken a page out of Apple's customer support playbook.

Sencha User

IT IS BACK UP! I was able to log in!

I texted Brandon Donnelson via LinkedIn and he replied quickly and was able to get it going again.

Sencha Sr Product Manager

I apologize for the problem. It's back up.

We had a report service lock a table. I'll be writing a test case on Monday to monitor any future issues related to this issue.

Thanks for reporting!

Sencha Premium Member

Am I the only one having issues with forum search? I have tried it on different browsers and different machines.

Sencha Sr Product Manager

Could you create a new forum post for the search issue? And you could ping me directly once it's created. [email protected]

Sencha Premium User mitchellsimoens's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by branflake2267 View Post
    Could you create a new forum post for the search issue? And you could ping me directly once it's created. [email protected]
    Kind of surprising you need a new thread for it. Try to search, see it fail, say you can see it fail and that you are working on it. Done!
    Mitchell Simoens @LikelyMitch

Check out my GitHub:
    https://github.com/mitchellsimoens

Posts are my own, not any current, past or future employer's.

Sencha Premium Member

Forum search still not working

Quote Originally Posted by andyo View Post
    Forum search still not working
    +1.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast