Thread: What is the correct way to use package on demand in MVVM app with multiple themes

Sencha Premium Member

Exclamation What is the correct way to use package on demand in MVVM app with multiple themes

Hello!

We have started to use package on demand feature and I'm faced with some issues. Maybe you can clarify some things for me. I would very appreciate it!

So, here what we have:

Our application use MVVM, it has an app folder with Application.js that extends Ext.app.Application - it is a starting point as usual. We have two themes which are packages and extends 'theme-neptune'.

Recently, I started to move some functionality from app to packages which are
    loaded on demand when user goes to some area of our app. We have some common
    components that used across application as well as base view controller that is
    extended by many other viewControllers.

When I moved code to a separate package, I couldn't build it because of dependencies error. The files in the package can not extend components from app - got dependencies error when build it. So, I need to move all common components to a separate packages and require them in other packages.

So, the question is - is that intentional or there some secret options to set-up, to have ability to require or extend components from app folder in the package?

Another thing. When I build app with --uses, it creates a .css file for each package that includes all css files in the app, so when package is loaded it loads up that huge css, that was already loaded by the app. To avoid that, I was able to put "required": true and "properties": {"skip.sass": 1}, in the package.json but that doesn't look right.

Could you explain the correct way of using package on demand feature for app with multiple themes. I couldn't find any docs but that base info.

Thank you very much!

Sencha - Forum Administrator
    Answers

Hello there-

I apologize but I do not have an answer for you. I have shared this with the support team and asked that they reach out to you to provide some assistance at their earliest convenience. Your patience is greatly appreciated!

Michele