Thread: Architect 4.2.4 - Modern error - Cannot read property 'add' of undefined

Sencha Premium User
    Answers

Default Architect 4.2.4 - Modern error - Cannot read property 'add' of undefined

I can't get the design view in Architect to work at all with Modern. I just get a blank screen and an error in the log. I've used it successfully with Classic. What am I missing?

ModernError.png

Sencha - Forum Administrator
    Answers

Thank you so much for your post. I apologize for the delay. I have shared this with the support staff to look into at their earliest convenience. Your patience is greatly appreciated! We do suggest using the support portal when you need assistance with a capability of a Sencha product, you have identified a situation where a products behavior is inconsistent with the product documentation and might indicate a software bug, or when the communication between you and Sencha needs to be private.

Thanks again,

Michele

Sencha User

Default Testing

Quote Originally Posted by Forum_Adm View Post
    Thank you so much for your post. I apologize for the delay. I have shared this with the support staff to look into at their earliest convenience. Your patience is greatly appreciated! We do suggest using the support portal when you need assistance with a capability of a Sencha product, you have identified a situation where a products behavior is inconsistent with the product documentation and might indicate a software bug, or when the communication between you and Sencha needs to be private.

Thanks again,

Michele

Hi - I get the same thing. I installed from your 30 day trial and I got this error. I cannot use it for testing purposes prior to purchasing...! Not really a good selling point at the moment...

Same here with 4.2.8.440

Sencha Premium User
    Answers

Interesting. My initial problem was with Ext 6.6. The root problem turned out to be that Architect made some requests to a google url, possibly for some map extension, and these were blocked on my end. I unblocked these and got it working for 6.6.

I haven't had a chance to try 7.x yet. I tried with several versions this morning and up to 7.0 still works, but 7.1 and 7.2 give this 'add' error in the logs. Looking at Fiddler, I don't see the same http errors I saw before though and 6.6 still works. This is probably a different underlying issue though the symptom is the same. For evaluation, you might try going to 7.0 or below for the framework and hopefully someone from Sencha responds and figures this out.

Sencha Premium User
    Answers

Downloaded 4.2.7 out of curiosity. This predates Ext 7.2, but the issue is still there with 7.1 modern. So it does look like something in 7.1 and 7.2 broke Architect. I'm using Windows 10; not sure if it would work on other platforms.

Sencha Premium User
    Answers

Just wanted to give an update that I did go ahead and create a support ticket for this. Support said they are able to reproduce it, so at least they're aware of it and hopefully working on fixing it soon.

Touch Premium Member

Any update on this ? I have the same problem .. all was fine until I upgraded from 7.0 to 7.1 then to 7.2 using Architect