Thread: Deleting multiple rows doesn't work properly if one row fails to be deleted.

You found a bug! We've classified it as EXTJS-27605 . We encourage you to continue the discussion and to find an acceptable workaround while we work on a permanent fix.

Default Deleting multiple rows doesn't work properly if one row fails to be deleted.

Hi

I'm using ExtJS 6.6.0.258 and REST proxy where every record has to be send to the server to be deleted on its own.

Issue explained:
    1. we send 2 rows to be removed
    2. ExtJS sends 1st row to the server and operation succeeds.

At this point ExtJS has a bug as onBatchOperationComplete is listening to operationcomplete event and as the first operation completed the proxy just assumes that all the operations were finished. Which is clearly wrong as the second wasn't even send yet.

So because of that the event is forwarded down to onDestroyRecords which again can have a possible bug as records array contains only the first record, but function just assumes all operations were finished and executes the cleanRemoved.
    3. ExtJS sends 2nd row to the server and operation fails

At this time the exception is called where I try to call the rejectChanges on the store. But as cleanRemoved was already called there is no row to be undone. And grid doesn't do anything.

Now just a side note that removeFromRemoved was called already and the record is not part of the this.getRawRemovedRecords() anymore and also unjoined already so cleanRemoved doesn't do anything useful for the onDestroyRecords except causes a bug.

Hopefully this is enough info to remove this bug. For me I'll try temporary do something in the onDestroyRecords to prevent calling cleanRemoved(), I just need to figure it out when it is really needed.

Br
    Waldemar

Ext Support Team

Hello Waldemar,

Thank you for bringing this to our notice., I will register this in our bug tracker. A reference number will be attached here for you to track the progress of the issue.

Regards,
    Kumar
    Sencha Support.

Sencha Staff

Thanks for the report! I have opened a bug in our bug tracker.