Thread: Creating Your First Ext JS Application using Open Tooling

Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha Premium User

Default Creating Your First Ext JS Application using Open Tooling

node -v:

• v10.5.0

npm -v:

java -version:

• 1.8.0_172

Description:
    Getting Started with Ext JS Open Tooling
    https://docs.sencha.com/extjs/6.6.0/...n_tooling.html

Step 1: Authenticate to Sencha's NPM Registry
    Step 2: Create a New Ext JS Application
    Quick Start Option
    Step 3: Run Your New Application

I tested according to the procedure of this site.
    But,an error occurred at npm start and it can not be executed normally.
    What is wrong?

The following is an error log when npm start is executed.

Error log:

Code:
    D:\node.js-devs\sencha.com\my-app>npm start
    npm WARN lifecycle The node binary used for scripts is C:\Program Files (x86)\Nodist\bin\node.exe but npm is using C:\Program Files (x86)\Nodist\v-x64\10.5.0\node.exe itself. Use the `--scripts-prepend-node-path` option to include the path for the node binary npm was executed with.

> [email protected] start D:\node.js-devs\sencha.com\my-app
    > cross-env-shell npm run $npm_package_extbuild_defaultprofile

npm WARN lifecycle The node binary used for scripts is C:\Program Files (x86)\Nodist\bin\node.exe but npm is using C:\Program Files (x86)\Nodist\v-x64\10.5.0\node.exe itself. Use the `--scripts-prepend-node-path` option to include the path for the node binary npm was executed with.

> [email protected] desktop D:\node.js-devs\sencha.com\my-app
    > webpack-dev-server --profile=desktop --environment=development --verbose=no -w --open

i [ext]: ext-webpack-plugin: v1.0.0, Ext JS v6.6.0.258, Sencha Cmd v6.6.0.13, IS webpack 4
    i 「wds」: Project is running at http://127.0.0.1:1962/
    i 「wds」: webpack output is served from /
    i 「wds」: Content not from webpack is served from ./
    i 「wds」: 404s will fallback to /index.html
    i 「wdm」: wait until bundle finished: /
    i [ext]: ext-build-util: Processing Build Descriptor : desktop (development environment)
    i [ext]: ext-build-util: Writing content to \generatedFiles\desktop.json
    i [ext]: ext-build-util: Writing content to \build\temp\development\MyApp\slicer-temp\bootstrap.json
    i [ext]: ext-build-util: Writing content to \build\temp\development\MyApp\slicer-temp\bootstrap.js
    i [ext]: ext-build-util: Writing content to \build\development\MyApp\generatedFiles\desktop.json
    i [ext]: ext-build-util:[ERR] file D:/node.js-devs/sencha.com/my-app/build/temp/development/MyApp/sass/MyApp-all.scss.js failed to load
    i [ext]: ext-build-util:[ERR] Error: Cannot find module 'D:/node.js-devs/sencha.com/my-app/build/temp/development/MyApp/sass/MyApp-all.scss.js'     at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:470:15)     at Function.resolve (internal/module.js:27:19)     at SassFile.loadExtension (\node_modules\@sencha\cmd\dist\js\node_modules\fashion\src\SassFile.js:78:54)     at new SassFile (D:\node.js-devs\sencha.com\my-app\node_modules\@sencha\cmd\dist\js\node_modules\fashion\src\SassFile.js:20:18)     at Builder.getSassFile (D:\node.js-devs\sencha.com\my-app\node_modules\@sencha\cmd\dist\js\node_modules\fashion\src\Builder.js:207:22)     at Builder.build (D:\node.js-devs\sencha.com\my-app\node_modules\@sencha\cmd\dist\js\node_modules\fashion\src\Builder.js:140:27)     at CompileCommand.runBuild (D:\node.js-devs\sencha.com\my-app\node_modules\@sencha\cmd\dist\js\node_modules\fashion\fashion.js:135:17)     at Promise (D:\node.js-devs\sencha.com\my-app\node_modules\@sencha\cmd\dist\js\node_modules\fashion\fashion.js:186:20)     at CompileCommand.execute (D:\node.js-devs\sencha.com\my-app\node_modules\@sencha\cmd\dist\js\node_modules\fashion\fashion.js:176:16)     at me.askMissing.then (D:\node.js-devs\sencha.com\my-app\node_modules\@sencha\cmd\dist\js\node_modules\fashion\node_modules\switchit\src\Cmdlet.js:540:27)
    i [ext]: ext-build-util:[ERR] file D:/node.js-devs/sencha.com/my-app/build/temp/development/MyApp/sass/MyApp-all.scss.js failed to load [ERR] Error: Cannot find module 'D:/node.js-devs/sencha.com/my-app/build/temp/development/MyApp/sass/MyApp-all.scss.js'     at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:470:15)     at Function.resolve (internal/module.js:27:19)     at SassFile.loadExtension (\node_modules\@sencha\cmd\dist\js\node_modules\fashion\src\SassFile.js:78:54)     at SassFile.invalidate (D:\node.js-devs\sencha.com\my-app\node_modules\@sencha\cmd\dist\js\node_modules\fashion\src\SassFile.js:528:20)     at Builder.build (D:\node.js-devs\sencha.com\my-app\node_modules\@sencha\cmd\dist\js\node_modules\fashion\src\Builder.js:141:22)
    i [ext]: ext-build-util: Writing content to \generatedFiles\desktop.json
    × 「wdm」: Built at: 2018-06-27 09:31:12

ERROR in ✖ [ext]: ext-webpack-plugin:  ext-build errors
    i 「wdm」: Failed to compile.

Sencha Premium User

An additional report on this matter.
    This problem occurred in Windows 7.
    However, it confirmed that it works normally in the following environment.
    · Windows Server 2008 R2
    · Windows Server 2012 R2
    · CentOS 7

As a result of investigating whether there is something different, a difference was found in @sencha/package.json.

@Sencha/package.json of Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2012 R2 are the same,
    and CentOS and Windows 7's @sencha/package.json are the same.

Is it a problem that malfunctioning Windows 7 has the same file format as CentOS?
    However, copying package.json of Windows Server 2008 R2 to Windows 7 did not solve it, so there may be problems in other places.

Sencha Premium User

I understood the cause.
    An error will occur if a dot is attached to the folder.

原因が分かりました。
    フォルダーにドットが付いているとエラーになります。

D:\node.js-devs\sencha.com\my-app ... error!!

D:\nodejs-devs\sencha_com\my-app ... success!!