Thread: Repository directory did not initialize properly

Sencha Premium Member

Default Repository directory did not initialize properly

Hi,

We want to upgrade our applications from Sencha 6.1.2.15 to 6.5.3.6. We have downloaded the trial version and upgraded our workspace and some applications. Every time we launch a sencha app build we get the following Warnings:

Code:
    Sencha Cmd v6.5.3.6
    [INF] Processing Build Descriptor : classic (production environment)
    [WRN] the following remote package repository directories did not initialize properly :
    [WRN]      - /home/nadal/bin/Sencha/Cmd/repo/.sencha/repo/remotes/sencha-beta
    [WRN] the following remote package repository directories did not initialize properly :
    [INF] Loading compiler context
    [INF] Loading app json manifest...
    [INF] Processing data with CmdJavascriptCompressor
    [INF] JavaScript input level is NEXT and output level is ES5
    [INF] Writing concatenated output to file /var/www/devel/httpdocs/testworkspace/build/production/NewExtApp/classic/app.js
    Can someone please help understand what is happening and how can we fix that behaviour?

Thank you a lot

Sencha User

I am also getting these "warning messages" - meaning something's NOT WORKING!

I have been working with sencha cmd 6.6.0.13 for quite a while (many months or more).

Everything was working well.

What I did before this started, is the following...:

I started sencha app build in cmd (Windows 10 Powershell) via a script file.

Then, a few seconds after it started running - I thought to make a change in my code - so I stopped the build (in the middle).

When I was ready to start the build again, it started showing me those warning messages.

Things I tried:

1. Re-opening Powershell
    2. Reinstalling Sencha Cmd 6.6.0.13
    3. Restarting PC
    4. Uninstalling all Sencha Cmds versions, and then installing them from scratch (Including: restart of PC in between)
    5. Deleting build directory
    6. Searching for error in Google

None of these solved the problem,

Nor did I get a clue as to what's causing the problem

(Except for the fact that stopping sencha build of app in middle may have very well caused this

- although I've done so many other times without it causing any problem.

- and I understand it shouldn't cause any problem)

I would be glad to get some help with this, please

Sencha User

THE SOLUTION in my case:

I went over to the file mentioned in WARNING

--> C:\Users\<USER_NAME>\bin\Sencha\Cmd\repo\.sencha\repo\remotes\sencha-beta\sencha.cfg

and I saw that the file was empty!!

My partner at work went over to this file in the same path (only in his User) - and there the file wasn't corrupted!

So I copied from his PC this specific file,

and indeed the warning messages vanished.

[So, this is what caused the problem:

In the sencha build process it probably regenerates this file.

And I had probably stopped the build on that split second after it wiped out the previous version of the file,

yet before it wrote the newer version into the file.

And as long as this file didn't exist there was a problem.

So a simpler solution may have been to simply do sencha app build,

and let it continue although there are these warning messages,

and then the file may have been regenerated...

Which means that this problem - is not really a problem at all...]

Hope this helps someone