Thread: What Needs To Happen With Selectfield

Sencha Premium User

Default What Needs To Happen With Selectfield

Newbie here. This is my first web application and I'm trying to replicate a desktop application online. So I have a selectfield. I created a json store because the desktop application tutorial used that for a grid and I saw there was a "store" setting on selectField.

My first model and store had simply an "item" field. I set the store and nothing happened. Then I found an example where there was a displayField set. So I set that. When I set that in the preview of the app the select field showed 8 blank fields. Then I saw that there was a valueField. I decided that maybe I needed two fields a value and display. So I altered the model and store for two fields. But still I only get the 8 blank fields.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

Quote Originally Posted by marvmax View Post
    Newbie here. This is my first web application and I'm trying to replicate a desktop application online. So I have a selectfield. I created a json store because the desktop application tutorial used that for a grid and I saw there was a "store" setting on selectField.

My first model and store had simply an "item" field. I set the store and nothing happened. Then I found an example where there was a displayField set. So I set that. When I set that in the preview of the app the select field showed 8 blank fields. Then I saw that there was a valueField. I decided that maybe I needed two fields a value and display. So I altered the model and store for two fields. But still I only get the 8 blank fields.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    please post code with data.

Sencha Premium User

OK. I'll try. When I say newbie I really mean it. In fact I'm not sure what you mean by code. Here's the actual js code

{
    xtype: 'selectfield',
    width: 220,
    label: 'Item',
    displayField: 'items',
    store: 'itemStore'
    },

That I got from Architect. Is this what you need to help.

The segment looks like it's in an item.array for a panel.

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

So do you have a "items" field in the model of your "itemStore". The display field must be a field available in the model used by the store. Same thing for the value field. Check the kitchen sink examples, I am sure you'll find plenty of examples for that