Thread: Image Slice problem with Ext JS

Sencha User

Default Image Slice problem with Ext JS

I have a Sencha Ext JS Workspace that I have been using for some time now with no problems. The workspace is committed to GIT, specifically I checked in the workspace's ext directory as well as the extApps directories.

When I clone the project and attempt run 'sencha app build testing', the image slice portion of the build fails.with cannot find file ...theme-capture.json.

The problem seems to have something to do with the ext dir pulled from git. When I copy my working ext dir from the original project to overwrite the git cloned version and do the build everything works.

Obviously, there are binary files (images) in the ext dir. Should I have done something special when I pushed them to my git repo? Are there recommended practices when using Sencha Cmd (6.0) with Git?

Any help would be appreciated

Sencha - Support Team bjdurham85's Avatar

I believe I've seen a blog or two around this but I would recommend adding the ext and build folders to the ignore list. This is somewhat for just app specifics as well as ease of not needing to push/pull these all the time (I doubt you're changing the ext folder very often).

Once you checkout the project you can run the following command and it will properly restore the correct ext js (or say you're trying out an upgrade):

PHP Code:
    sencha app upgrade /path/to/ext-6.X.
    **You might tailor the build ignore to just send testing/production builds only but somewhat depends on your environment and what needs to be on the server.

Hope this helps!

Bryan

Sencha User

Thanks the sencha app upgrade call worked. Just curious, what is the upgrade doing any differently than just a simple copy of the ext distro to the workspace?