Thread: Read-only calendar

Default Read-only calendar

Hello,

I am using the Ext JS 6 Ext.calendar.panel.Panel and I would like to set it to read-only mode as well as hide the side panel in which you can create events ? I cannot seem to find anything in the documentation that talks about how to set the calendar to read-only.

Thanks!

Sencha Premium User jvandemerwe's Avatar
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by justinhenricks View Post
    Hello,

I am using the Ext JS 6 Ext.calendar.panel.Panel and I would like to set it to read-only mode as well as hide the side panel in which you can create events ? I cannot seem to find anything in the documentation that talks about how to set the calendar to read-only.

Thanks!
    What are you trying to achieve? What kind of use for the calendar do you have in mind?
    Professional Sencha ExtJS and PHP development since 2007

Sencha - Support Team bjdurham85's Avatar
    Answers

Hi--,
    Have you tried setting the editForm/addForm configs to null?

http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/6.5.3/c...l#cfg-editForm

Bryan

Answers

FWIW here is an example to do a custom add/edit form but you can just set that to null.

https://fiddle.sencha.com/#fiddle/1m7i&view/editor

Quote Originally Posted by jvandemerwe View Post
    What are you trying to achieve? What kind of use for the calendar do you have in mind?
    Thank you for the reply. We have a calendar in which admins create events in our CMS and people with the app can then view the events.

I have since successfully set the edit/add configs within the calendar package to null which almost gets me all of the way there. I need a custom 'Detail View' for events however.. when someone clicks on the event a popup (similar to edit) needs to come up and display all of the event details, including send an invite buttons.. etc.

What is the best practice to do this ? Is it best to write code directly in the calendar package ? Or extend from it and keep the new view/functionality within our app code base?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by bjdurham85 View Post
    FWIW here is an example to do a custom add/edit form but you can just set that to null.

https://fiddle.sencha.com/#fiddle/1m7i&view/editor
    Thanks for this ! This helps a lot.

Answers

Somewhat similar to that Fiddle but I'd recommend extending your own Edit Form (changing titles of course) and adding/removing as you need. If you changed in the calendar package it could be replaced if you upgraded.

Bryan

Quote Originally Posted by bjdurham85 View Post
    Somewhat similar to that Fiddle but I'd recommend extending your own Edit Form (changing titles of course) and adding/removing as you need. If you changed in the calendar package it could be replaced if you upgraded.

Bryan
    Awesome! Seeing how I don't need form fields though what could I extend from other then the Calendar Form as you did in the add example?

Also, what would be the best way to override the tapevent handler to not show the editForm but to show my new custom Detail View?

Thank you very much for the help.

Answers

Take a look at the source for the Calendar.form.AbstractForm (below), you'll see that it ultimately extends from the window and sets the"type" as form. As long you extend from a window you should be able to set it up as your detail view. What are you thinking by the way, a dataview or something?

http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/6.5.3/c...tractForm.html

Bryan

Yeah exactly, I guess I could just use dataview, I was just hoping to extend from something within Calendar so that it would easily look and feel the same way as all the rest of the calendar views.

Without changing the onEventTap function in the Base file, what is the best way to override that so that I can show my custom detail view?