Thread: Widgetcolumn + grouping issue

Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha Premium User

Default Widgetcolumn + grouping issue

I have such issue (Ext 6.5): when create widgetcolumn with form, containing several fields and add grouping to the grid/store, when edit some text field within widgetcolumn form, all other forms/records get same values. Even if replace form by just textfield widget, issue exist.
    I've modified widgetcolumn help example, added textfield widget - no issue. Then I removed grouping from my app and everything get ok, so looks like issue somehow related to widgetcolum + grouping combination.
    i've tryed add grouping to widgetcolumn example and found another issue, looks like related but not the same: starting from Ext 6.5 when try to type in widget column, it looses focus, so you can't normally type text. If switch to Ext 6.2.1 - no issues - you can freely type in any row.
    So given fiddle let reproduce at least one issue, but I guess if it will be fixed this will help with mine too.
    Maybe someone have any ideas why this happens and how to avoid it?

Sencha - Sustaining Engineer tristan.lee's Avatar

If you have an example fiddle of what you're experiencing, it would be more helpful to diagnose, but I suspect what you are running into is how widget columns are used in a grid. They are not tied to a specific record and are re-used as the grid is sorted/grouped. Why all the other forms update with the same value isn't completely clear to me, but it's likely related. I don't know if you are using binding or not.
    Tristan Lee
    Sencha Inc - Sustaining Engineer

Having an issue? Help us help you - be detailed; provide some code; demonstrate with a fiddle (fiddle.sencha.com)

Embed your fiddle in your post: [FIDDLE]id[/FIDDLE]

Sencha Premium User

I posted fidle in initial message (example): https://fiddle.sencha.com/#view/editor&fiddle/2c3h

I guess i don't fully understand the issue. When I update the text field, it updates the value in the Id column. Are you seeing anything different?
    Tristan Lee

Having an issue? Help us help you - be detailed; provide some code; demonstrate with a fiddle (fiddle.sencha.com)

Sencha Premium User

yes, after you type any letter textfield looses focus and you need to focus it again, by mouse, for example

It looks like that issue is a regression to a binding change that happened in 6.5.0, though it's strange that only the grouping feature appears to be affected when the datachanged event is fired. I will need to file a bug report for this.
    Tristan Lee

Also moving this thread to the Ext JS forum since it's not an issue with ExtReact.
    Tristan Lee

Sencha Premium User

Thank you