Thread: Workspace organization question

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

Default Answered: Workspace organization question

Hi:

I created a workspace in a folder called SenchaWorkspace where I want to add all the apps used in two asp.net applications, let's call them AspNetApp1 & AspNetApp2.

I put the extjs framework in a folder ext under SenchaWorkspace.

I created an Extjs app and I put it in a subfolder under SenchaWorkspace called ExtJsApp1. It's all good so far, SA did not copy the ext framework under the ExtJsApp1 subfolder.

Now, I was thinking grouping the ExtJs apps by asp.net applications and I wanted to create two folders under SenchWorkspace, AspNetApp1 & AspNetApp2 and place the ExtJs apps inside these folders depending on where they are used.

So I want to have a structure like this:
    Code:
    SenchaWorkspace
        AspNetApp1
          ExtJsApp1
          ExtJsApp2
        AspNetApp2
          ExtJsApp10
          ExtJsApp11
    But moving the ExtJs app from the folder where it is right now, SenchaWorkspace/ExtJsApp1 to the SenchaWorkspace/AspNet1/ExtJsApp1 folder leads to the SA copying the ext framework inside this folder which is what I want to avoid. I tried to copy the app using two methods: straight file copy and, secondly, export to archive & import archive. When I open the project SA ends up copying the ext framework in the ext js app folder.

How can I avoid the copying of the ext framework inside the extjs app subfolders? Now if I were to create a brand new ext js app inside one of the two AspNet*** subfolders, the framework is not copied, which I find interesting.

I wonder if there are some settings in the project files that point to a non-existing ext js framework folder and then SA decides that it is missing and it copies it.

Any ideas?

Thanks

2. Quote Originally Posted by bogc View Post
    Hi:

I created a workspace in a folder called SenchaWorkspace where I want to add all the apps used in two asp.net applications, let's call them AspNetApp1 & AspNetApp2.

I created an Extjs app and I put it in a subfolder under SenchaWorkspace called ExtJsApp1. It's all good so far, SA did not copy the ext framework under the ExtJsApp1 subfolder.

Now, I was thinking grouping the ExtJs apps by asp.net applications and I wanted to create two folders under SenchWorkspace, AspNetApp1 & AspNetApp2 and place the ExtJs apps inside these folders depending on where they are used.

Code:
    SenchaWorkspace
        AspNetApp1
          ExtJsApp1
          ExtJsApp2
        AspNetApp2
          ExtJsApp10
          ExtJsApp11
    But moving the ExtJs app from the folder where it is right now, SenchaWorkspace/ExtJsApp1 to the SenchaWorkspace/AspNet1/ExtJsApp1 folder leads to the SA copying the ext framework inside this folder which is what I want to avoid. I tried to copy the app using two methods: straight file copy and, secondly, export to archive & import archive. When I open the project SA ends up copying the ext framework in the ext js app folder.

How can I avoid the copying of the ext framework inside the extjs app subfolders? Now if I were to create a brand new ext js app inside one of the two AspNet*** subfolders, the framework is not copied, which I find interesting.

I wonder if there are some settings in the project files that point to a non-existing ext js framework folder and then SA decides that it is missing and it copies it.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    I have a project as

Root
    -Modules [workspace and build dir location]
    --ext framework
    --buidl folder

--ExtModule1
    --ExtModule2
    --ExtModule3

If i remember right to get it working I did as you said above, but then inside my library resource, i set my library basepath to ../ext on initial creation it did copy in the framework, that i then deleted.

Few things that are different and you'll know if it's working, i don't have a .sencha folder in my modules only in my workspace, only have app, metadata, packages, resources, sass

My applications share a common theme, but for architect to use it, you have to have a copy of it in your directory.. Something has to be there, even though your app builds off the workspace theme.

Anyway for me everything is in working order, i went through a bunch of things to make this happen so I can't really retrace all my steps with out taking a minute to think about it. Try the above

You probably just need to define your library resource path, to ../../ext and you should be good

Sencha Premium User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bogc View Post
    Hi:

Code:
    SenchaWorkspace
        AspNetApp1
          ExtJsApp1
          ExtJsApp2
        AspNetApp2
          ExtJsApp10
          ExtJsApp11

Any ideas?

Thanks
    I have a project as

Root
    -Modules [workspace and build dir location]
    --ext framework
    --buidl folder

--ExtModule1
    --ExtModule2
    --ExtModule3

If i remember right to get it working I did as you said above, but then inside my library resource, i set my library basepath to ../ext on initial creation it did copy in the framework, that i then deleted.

Few things that are different and you'll know if it's working, i don't have a .sencha folder in my modules only in my workspace, only have app, metadata, packages, resources, sass

My applications share a common theme, but for architect to use it, you have to have a copy of it in your directory.. Something has to be there, even though your app builds off the workspace theme.

Anyway for me everything is in working order, i went through a bunch of things to make this happen so I can't really retrace all my steps with out taking a minute to think about it. Try the above

You probably just need to define your library resource path, to ../../ext and you should be good

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

Changing the library resource path to ../../ext did the trick! Thanks.

Sencha User
    Answers

You can also check out workspace.json files, there might be some info