Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 106

Thread: ExtJS 7 release date

  1. #81
    Sencha Premium User
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hakimio View Post
    Check the latest bug reports for the nightly build posted by Evan (evant).
    I had a lot of hope and even argued with former Sencha employees until I saw the bug reports by @evant. There's hardly any activity in the nightly builds but the new people managed to introduce a few key regressions. I lost my hope after seeing those reports.

  2. #82
    Sencha Premium User jvandemerwe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Raalte, Netherlands
    Posts
    249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hakimio View Post
    Check the latest bug reports for the nightly build posted by Evan (evant).


    I suggest taking a look at DevExtreme Angular UI framework. It's not as advanced as ExtJS, but still could be a pretty good alternative.
    I was quite impressed by this one too:

    https://www.syncfusion.com/products/javascript
    https://www.syncfusion.com/products/jsmobile

    They even have free commercial license for developers with less than 1 million turnover.



    But it would be much better to have more people in the Sencha community than promoting other products.
    Professional Sencha ExtJS and PHP development since 2007

  3. #83
    Sencha Premium User jvandemerwe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Raalte, Netherlands
    Posts
    249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LesJ View Post
    I had a lot of hope and even argued with former Sencha employees until I saw the bug reports by @evant. There's hardly any activity in the nightly builds but the new people managed to introduce a few key regressions. I lost my hope after seeing those reports.
    How can I see and search these bug reports from @evan? Personally I haven't had much trouble with any bugs so far. I am seriously curious where I can see them.
    Professional Sencha ExtJS and PHP development since 2007

  4. #84
    Sencha Premium User
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jvandemerwe View Post
    How can I see and search these bug reports from @evan? Personally I haven't had much trouble with any bugs so far. I am seriously curious where I can see them.
    Check this forum and scroll back to Dec. 13 and 14. I don't want to repost, but you will find all details.

  5. #85
    Sencha User
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    900

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jvandemerwe View Post
    Syncfusion
    They even have free commercial license for developers with less than 1 million turnover.
    Interesting. I haven't seen that one before. Thanks.

    You can find the bug reports here.

    EDIT: Syncfusion actually looks quite nice, but its Angular implementation requires jQuery and at least the demos seemed a bit slow to me.

  6. #86
    Sencha Premium User
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Tamworth, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    1,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jvandemerwe View Post
    I hope you don't mind that I don't agree with you on all points. I don't think that Sencha CMD is a bad tool. I work with it every day and it is working quite good. What I don't like about it are those Java errors in case something goes wrong.
    The Cmd errors shown in the Log in Sencha Architect are mostly useless, and several of my more complex views won't show a preview because of some indecipherable binding error or null component reference (which never show up in a browser). But Architect insists on trying to be as "live" as possible, and if something goes wrong, it barfs and you get no preview. I still find its Project Inspector a very helpful way of navigating my component hierarchy and viewing/editing properties in the config pane below, even if I don't get a preview often.

  7. #87
    Sencha User
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    900

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    DevExtreme looks good but I'm concerned about their "virtual scrolling" is not really virtual as it seems to keep adding tbody nodes and doesn't look like they clean up old ones that I have found when scrolling as seen in my attached gif. This means eventually, the DOM would become huge and take up a lot of memory especially if you have complex cells.
    DevExtreme has fixed their virtual scrolling implementation:
    DataGrid and TreeList – Performance Improvements (v18.1)

  8. #88
    Sencha Premium User mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    40,379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hakimio View Post
    DevExtreme has fixed their virtual scrolling implementation:
    DataGrid and TreeList – Performance Improvements (v18.1)
    That's great but the best thing I love about that blog... horizontal virtual scrolling. Something people have wanted from Ext JS for years but hasn't ever been worked on, they have. Bravo to them!
    Mitchell Simoens @LikelyMitch

    Check out my GitHub:
    https://github.com/mitchellsimoens

    Posts are my own, not any current, past or future employer's.

  9. #89
    Sencha Premium User
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    That's great but the best thing I love about that blog... horizontal virtual scrolling. Something people have wanted from Ext JS for years but hasn't ever been worked on, they have. Bravo to them!
    Cool.

    Webix DataTable has the same feature.

    DataTable applies lazy rendering for large number of columns as well as for rows.

  10. #90
    Sencha Premium Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LesJ View Post
    Cool.

    Webix DataTable has the same feature.

    DataTable applies lazy rendering for large number of columns as well as for rows.

    Wow...Webix is looking really good...great pricing and they have widgets I have been asking Sencha to make for years now.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. ExtJS 6.0.2 release date
    By hakimio in forum Ext JS 6.x Q&A
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 6 Jun 2016, 3:29 PM
  2. ExtJS classic release date
    By boggle in forum Community Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 5 Apr 2011, 5:50 AM
  3. Release Date of ExtJS 4
    By sraghavachari in forum Ext: Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 24 Mar 2011, 6:08 AM
  4. Release date of ExtJS 3.3?
    By steffenk in forum Community Discussion
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 11 Oct 2010, 8:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •