Thread: Ext 2.2: performance issues in IE6?

Sencha User

Default Ext 2.2: performance issues in IE6?

hi,

we are thinking about updating from Ext 2.0.2 to Ext 2.2 so I started testing our application with 2.2.

There are of some minor bugs but that doesn't surprise me and I'm sure we will find solutions for them. But one thing worries me a lot: the performance in IE6 was significantly decreased (not just a little bit, it is really noticeable).
    Has anyone else had these problems? Can you think of any configuration settings that could be missing (I'm looking for the "Ext.makefast=true" flag )? Or anything that we are absolutely not supposed to do when using Ext 2.1/2.2 that I should be looking for?

In FF2, IE7 and Safari it works fine and maybe even a little bit faster than with 2.0.2.

thanks!

As a side note: I tried to search for this but I'm always having problems with the forum search (" 'internet Explorer' 6 " is not a valid search string, "IE6" returns no result, only quoting the whole string " 'Internet Explorer 6' " returns results but of course they are very limited - but I'm sure you know that already)

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

You may already be aware of this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942840 but it certainly solves alot of the performance issues with IE6.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Carina View Post

As a side note: I tried to search for this but I'm always having problems with the forum search (" 'internet Explorer' 6 " is not a valid search string, "IE6" returns no result, only quoting the whole string " 'Internet Explorer 6' " returns results but of course they are very limited - but I'm sure you know that already)
    It's pretty useless - use the Google search instead - it's at the top of the page.