Thread: 6.5.1 classic: Ext.chart.interactions.PanZoom.showOverflowArrows has no effect

Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha User

Default 6.5.1 classic: Ext.chart.interactions.PanZoom.showOverflowArrows has no effect

Please check out this fiddle:

- PanZoom.showOverflowArrows has no effect

In the app.js, line 109, I set showOverflowArrows as true, but I don't see anything if I zoom in the chart. Maybe this feature became "deprecated" over time and not maintained? This issue seems to come from early 2015 though.

Sencha Staff

Hi,

That would be of great help if you could share some more information like a screenshot of the Overflow arrows been shown so that we would help us in understanding the issue.

Thanks
    Pavan

Sencha User

Hello Pavan!

I don't really have a copy of this working, so I am not even sure how these arrows should be shown. My base for the inquiry is the documentation that states that something should change when you use this in a chart: Ext.chart.interactions.PanZoom.showOverflowArrows documentation on ExtJS 6.5.2. I also tried the fiddle switching it to ExtJS 6.5.2 and I get no results out of it.

By the Sencha documentation page linked above, I would expect some glyph or image icon to be displayed by the sides of the chart when I zoomed in.

Sorry, I don't have much more to share about this. Maybe repeating what was said in the first topic as a step-thru could help:

1. Open the fiddle
    2. Click 'zoom' at the chart's top bar
    3. Click+Drag the mouse within the chart to zoom in the view

Expected: Arrows will be displayed to scroll the chart, in horizontal axis.
    What happens: Nothing is displayed suggesting an scroll handler component when zoomed in

Additional test, after step 3 above, to ensure view is scrollable:
    4. Click "pan" in the chart's top bar
    5. Click and drag around and see how chart data is revealed as you move the mouse around.

Here's what's expected, happens. I have a zoomed in view, and I can pan around the view. But still, nothing like arrows displayed.

I hope this helps you reproduce the issue!