Thread: Cellediting tab navigation not working after edit completed with a different key

Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha User

Default Cellediting tab navigation not working after edit completed with a different key

Hello,
    I have an issue with the usability of the cellediting plugin.

Example:
    http://examples.sencha.com/extjs/6.5...mary-grid.html

Everything works fine when using the tab key to go through the cells. But when I actually edit a cell using the "Enter" key it's im possible to keep tabbing to the next cell.
    I have activted selectOnTab already to have the possibility to select values from a dropdown and go to the next cell. But there are cases where I have to use the "Enter" key to save a value and in this case I can't keep using the Tab key unless I manually click inside a field again to activate the edit mode.

Is there a possibility to make the tab key just go to the next cell after "losing" focus on the previous one by pressing Enter or Escape?

I mean you could press enter again to edit the very same field therefor the col index is still available..

The issue in the code is that selectionModel() wasEditing is set to false in the function onKeyTab in Ext.grid.NavigationModel after pressing Enter. Due to this fact onEditorTab isn't called anymore. The value is supposed to be true.

Since the functionality is present I consider this as a bug.

Sencha User

Actually I posted the ext 6.5 example so the "bug" is present there as well. After entering a value and pressing ESC(cancel)/ENTER(save) for the cell I expect it not to lose the tab navigation on the site. But as wasEditing is set to false it's never remembering it's position for tabKey.

Do not press enter. After completing editing simply press tab to go on next cell. If you press the enter, it will lose focus and therefore focus will not move to next cell.

Sencha User

I know it's possible to select on tab. But exactly why does pressing enter/escape lose the focus? We got a large software and lots of data to be entered. Some cells might not be filled, some cells are muliline cells which has to be confirmed with "Enter" some cells are checkboxes and for some the "selectOnTab" simply can't be activated for different reasons.

The point is that losing focus is not an intended thing usability wise.

My workaround is to set "wasEditiing" to true in cancelEdit/afterEdit of the cellediting but this should be the standard behaviour as pressing "Enter" means you actually were editing a cell and completed it. The functionality and the conditions are already present in the onKeyTab function - it's just not used as the flag isn't set correctly.

Especially when entering large data the cell editing somehow lacks usability wise. Besides the Enter/Esc problem only editable cells should be selected pressing tab for instance. Or at least an option for that.