Thread: Grid scrollbar 'jumping'

Default Answered: Grid scrollbar 'jumping'

Hi, I've implemented a grid with cell-editing in ExtJS Classic and when I scroll horizontally across to the cells to edit them, after about two seconds, the grid's scrollbar resets to its original position at the start for some reason. Using the Sencha Chrome dev tools plugin I can see that a scroll and scrollend events are fired by Ext.view.Table, but I don't see these events in the docs for this component and I've no idea what's firing them exactly.
    Is there any way to prevent this behaviour?

All the best,
    Niall.

2. Grid was nested within a container within a panel. Seems that once taken out of the container, there were no issues. Not ideal. Fixed by suspending layouts instead.

Grid was nested within a container within a panel. Seems that once taken out of the container, there were no issues. Not ideal. Fixed by suspending layouts instead.

Hi all, it turns out that for my particular use-case suspending the layouts is not an ideal situation (dropdowns, alerts etc. break). Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

Sencha User
    Answers

I suspect over nest g and lack of layouts. Can you show code?

Hi, thank you for your reply.
    Yes that was also a thought that occurred to me (over-nesting), however, the nesting that we have within the app is required to satisfied the UI requirements. There are also other locations within the app in which we've noticed this behaviour (periodically) and I would say that the nesting is at a minimum in these instances.
    What's alarming is that if I suspend the layouts, then this issue doesn't present itself in this context, however, then editor components within the grid such as dropdowns cannot render correctly which leaves us in a bind.
    With regards to layouts, can you be a bit more specific please? Most components are relying on the default auto layout, hence we don't specify a config property.

I will work to try to try reproduce this within a Fiddle over the coming days.

Sencha User
    Answers

Auto layout does not size anything. That's a problem. You need to think about how contained components are going to be sized.