Thread: Tag component glitches - how to prevent some default behavior?

Sencha Premium User
    Answers

Default Tag component glitches - how to prevent some default behavior?

Hi,

I want to use Tag component (tagfield, Ext.form.field.Tag) in my layout (only Classic). It has fixed width and is not longer than 250 pixels and cannot grow in height - has only one row of space (such requirement from customer, don't ask me why). I found that in such configuration default behavior is quite annoying.

Here is the fiddle to check it: https://fiddle.sencha.com/#view/editor&fiddle/231j

If I click on component, dropdown list is shown and selected items are scrolled up which I want to prevent (this scroll event) - how can I do this? I assume that this scroll happens to show/focus on input for search but I have edit mode disabled (there are only predefined values which can be selected, no keyboard input). It will be nice to prevent scrolling to show/focus this input or even hide input field.

I tried to pay with fieldSubTpl property but without success. Do anyone has some workaround for these issues? Acceptable solution is to hide input field at all or just prevent scrolling to this field. Any help appreciated.

Despite such small issues, this framework is awesome and development is pure fun :)

Regards,
    Maciej

Sencha Premium User
    Answers

Hi again,

If anyone interested, I managed to workaround scrolling of dropdown to focus input. In fact, after expanding list I just scroll it to the top by calling setScrollTop(0) on listWrapper, see updated fiddle (https://fiddle.sencha.com/#view/editor&fiddle/231j).

Cheers,
    Maciej