Thread: NEWBE Question In-Browser Testing

Sencha Premium Member

Default NEWBE Question In-Browser Testing

I would like to switch my test suite to allow EXtJS component and Future API together using In-browser testing. Is this controlled via a setting within Sencha Studio? If so where? Where is this documented?

Regards,

Henry

Answers

Hi Henry--

To change the scenario type, you'll first want to ensure that you are using the "Developer" role. You can change this in Preferences => General => Role.

Once you have chosen the "Developer" role, you can open the scenario editor and change the scenario type.

Thanks!
    Joel

Sencha Premium Member

Default Clarification dif between In-browser and WebDriver testing

Thanks for the quick reply. Could you clarify the difference between In-Browser and WebDriver Testing? This is briefly discussed (1 page) in the Guides In-browser vs WebDriver testing. My hope was in In-Browser mode you could do everything you could in WebDriver testing but also be able to access Ext api?

Is this documented in Sencha Test 1.x if so is there a online link to previous doc.

Answers

Quote Originally Posted by henry_tanzy View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply. Could you clarify the difference between In-Browser and WebDriver Testing? This is briefly discussed (1 page) in the Guides In-browser vs WebDriver testing. My hope was in In-Browser mode you could do everything you could in WebDriver testing but also be able to access Ext api?

Is this documented in Sencha Test 1.x if so is there a online link to previous doc.
    Hi Henry--

The split between in-browser and web-driver scenarios started in Sencha Test 2.0. Here's a brief overview of the differences:
    http://docs.sencha.com/sencha_test/2...ing_tests.html

Thanks!
    Joel

Sencha Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by joel.watson View Post
    Hi Henry--

The split between in-browser and web-driver scenarios started in Sencha Test 2.0. Here's a brief overview of the differences:
    http://docs.sencha.com/sencha_test/2...ing_tests.html

Thanks!
    Joel
    Joel, thanks; however, the link that you sent me IS THE same overview that I mentioned in my last post "This is briefly discussed (1 page) in the Guides In-browser vs WebDriver testing". Which is not very helpful to someone who has not used sencha test 1.X. I will try to be more specific in my question concerning in-browser testing:

Given: I understand that In-Browser testing allows access to both Ext/Browser context and Jasmine APIs

1. In 1.x and 2.0 does in-browser testing also use Selenium WebDriver?
    2. Is In-browser testing headless?

Answers

Quote Originally Posted by henry_tanzy View Post
    Joel, thanks; however, the link that you sent me IS THE same overview that I mentioned in my last post "This is briefly discussed (1 page) in the Guides In-browser vs WebDriver testing". Which is not very helpful to someone who has not used sencha test 1.X. I will try to be more specific in my question concerning in-browser testing:

Given: I understand that In-Browser testing allows access to both Ext/Browser context and Jasmine APIs

1. In 1.x and 2.0 does in-browser testing also use Selenium WebDriver?
    2. Is In-browser testing headless?
    In Sencha Test 1.0 and 2.0, in-browser testing does not use WebDriver, at least not directly. You can set up a selenium farm and use WebDriver for launching remote browsers (for example, your own selenium farm, or a service like BrowserStack or SauceLabs). However, in terms of the instrumentation of the target, the specs and Sencha Test support code are both injected into the target browser and executed there. This, for example, is what allows you to be able to interact directly with Ext JS components inside your specs.

With WebDriver-based scenarios, things are instrumented a bit differently. While the Sencha Test support code is still injected into the target browser (via WebDriver), the spec code is run in a different context altogether. This separation is what allows cross-page navigation in WebDriver-based scenarios, as we can re-inject the necessary support code into the newly-navigated page. However, because of this separation of the target browser's context from the context in which the spec code is running, you cannot directly access Ext JS components (or any aspect of the DOM, for that matter) directly within the spec code; rather, you have to use the Sencha Test API to make such interactions.

In terms of headless-ness, currently in-browser testing is not headless.

Thanks!
    Joel

thank you i like hi http://www.catthachanhso1.com/cat-thach-anh-1-2mm.html
    To change the scenario type, you'll first want to ensure that you are using the "Developer" role. You can change this in Preferences => General => Role.