Thread: Combination of Grid with filtered column(s) + paging toolbar + exporter

Sencha Premium User
    Answers

Default Answered: Combination of Grid with filtered column(s) + paging toolbar + exporter

With a large dataset in a grid with a pagingtoolbar, the column filter obviously only filters those records visible in the current page ...
    by setting "remoteFilter: true" on the grid's store you get a remotely filtered set of data matching the filtered columns ...
    But ... an Export to XLS or PDF will only include those filtered records on the one visible page.

Is there a standard method to get around this issue? What are others doing?

e.g. have a "Show All" checkbox on the toolbar to override the page size that becomes enabled when someone applies a filter .. ?

Thanks in advance

2. I have found a solution.

Here it is if anyone needs it:

I have added a checkbox on the paging toolbar... with a label: "Show all records (Ignore paging)"
    on the change event I set a localStorage value:
    localStorage.setItem('limit', checkBoxValue == true ? 0 : 25);

I check this localStorage item at the top of an override of the doRequest method in Ajax.js.
    And ... if the value is 0, I delete operation._limit; delete operation._page; delete operation._start

On the show of each grid panel which has a paging toolbar, I reset the localStorage item value to 25 & always start with the checkbox unchecked.

Sencha Premium User
    Answers

I have found a solution.

Here it is if anyone needs it:

I have added a checkbox on the paging toolbar... with a label: "Show all records (Ignore paging)"
    on the change event I set a localStorage value:
    localStorage.setItem('limit', checkBoxValue == true ? 0 : 25);

I check this localStorage item at the top of an override of the doRequest method in Ajax.js.
    And ... if the value is 0, I delete operation._limit; delete operation._page; delete operation._start

On the show of each grid panel which has a paging toolbar, I reset the localStorage item value to 25 & always start with the checkbox unchecked.

Sencha User
    Answers

Great to hear that you got this working, and thanks for sharing the solution with the community!