Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Cannot define Ext.data.field.Field.reference config as an object

    Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for DSGNR-7659 in Architect 4.2.
  1. #1
    Sencha Premium Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    2

    Default Cannot define Ext.data.field.Field.reference config as an object

    Hi all,

    Today I migrated from SA 4.0 to SA 4.1.1 and after have error on references defined on my models.

    The matter is on config reference of Ext.data.field.Field class.
    With SA 4.0, I can define it as an object ilke as below:
    Code:
    reference: {
        type: 'folder.Folder',
        inverse: 'folder'
    }
    With SA 4.1.1, it has been converted into a string
    Code:
    reference: '{    type: \'folder.Folder\',    inverse: \'folder\'}'
    When i try to change type of reference config, I can select only Model or String, not Object as in SA 4.0.

    Could you please advise if it's a bug of SA 4.1.1 or I should define my references in another manner ?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Sencha User
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Central Europe
    Posts
    795

    Default

    Hello

    I am very sorry for this inconvenience, this is a bug http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/6.2.1/m...#cfg-reference

    I will send you PM with workaround.

    Regards
    Petr

  3. #3
    Sencha Premium Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Anyway that you can share the workaround as I would be interested to try a few things. Mostly around renaming the inverse association, and I believe this could maybe done that way...
    Cheers

    Nicolas

  4. #4
    Sencha User
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Central Europe
    Posts
    795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nclemeur View Post
    Anyway that you can share the workaround as I would be interested to try a few things. Mostly around renaming the inverse association, and I believe this could maybe done that way...
    Cheers

    Nicolas
    Hi Nicolas

    What exactly is bothering you? Is it reported as a bug somewhere? If there is something broken / could be improved? It would be nice if we could improve this for all the users rather than trying creating work-around for one user.

    Thanks

  5. #5
    Sencha Premium Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by petr.vecera View Post
    Hi Nicolas
    What exactly is bothering you? Is it reported as a bug somewhere? If there is something broken / could be improved? It would be nice if we could improve this for all the users rather than trying creating work-around for one user.
    Thanks
    Well I did ask the question in the following thread https://www.sencha.com/forum/showthr...sociation-name

    So I am still hunting for a good solution to this problem...

    Cheers

    Nicolas

  6. #6

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by petr.vecera View Post
    Hello

    I am very sorry for this inconvenience, this is a bug http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/6.2.1/m...#cfg-reference

    I will send you PM with workaround.

    Regards
    Petr
    I'm interested too in the workaround, because it broke my app as I was relying on this "inverse" config. Could you please share it? Or send by PM? I opened a thread today for the same issue: https://www.sencha.com/forum/showthr...-object-config.Thanks !

    [edit] Thanks for the fix in PM! Fixed it.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    3

    Default

    I need a workaround for this.

    Thanks

    Matt

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10 Jun 2015, 8:13 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 24 May 2015, 7:08 PM
  3. Ext.data.field.Field reference allowBlank
    By mattjenkins in forum Ext 5: Q&A
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 16 Jan 2015, 10:12 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 5 Feb 2013, 7:50 AM
  5. How to reference associated object field in list item template?
    By CarClub in forum Sencha Architect 2.x: Help & Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 7 Jun 2012, 9:26 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •