Thread: Filter Instructions operator "==" is also possible, not only "="

Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha Premium Member

Default Filter Instructions operator "==" is also possible, not only "="

We have found, that the filter json data structure (in a CRUD call) may also contain "==" as an operator - this is not mentioned in the documentation - where only a "=" is mentioned.

Marten

(ExtJS 6.2)

Sencha - Sustaining Engineer tristan.lee's Avatar

I'd say that by looking at the source it's probably there as a safe-guard since JS comparison operators are == which we're used to so it'd be common to use and there's no reason to raise an error about it. But in this case, = and == are the same.
    Tristan Lee
    Sencha Inc - Sustaining Engineer

Having an issue? Help us help you - be detailed; provide some code; demonstrate with a fiddle (fiddle.sencha.com)

Embed your fiddle in your post: [FIDDLE]id[/FIDDLE]

Sencha Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by tristan.lee View Post
    I'd say that by looking at the source it's probably there as a safe-guard since JS comparison operators are == which we're used to so it'd be common to use and there's no reason to raise an error about it. But in this case, = and == are the same.
    Well, if you are writing the server part and you look into the documentation you do not get the idea, that a "==" is possible - that's the reason, we have found the error: the server told us, that this operator is not known.

And yes: "=" is equal to "==".

Its a documental error.

Marten

Sencha Premium Member

This regard. Error on my part.