Thread: Ext.grid.Panel: How to restore initial column config?

Sencha User

Default Ext.grid.Panel: How to restore initial column config?

Dear Forum,

just a short question: I have grid (Ext.grid.Panel) bound to an arraystore with many columns, each column having their individual initial config (i.e.: width, editor, text, summarytype, etc.).

Many of these settings are later changed programmatically.

What's the easiest way to restore the initial column configuration programmatically on click of a button?

I tried saving the variable Ext.grid.Panel.initialConfig to a global variable after the grid is first loaded but I found no way to later reapply this config again.

Thanks for any tips,
    XBTC!

Answers

You can try to reconfigure with the original array of columns: grid.reconfigure(grid.columns);
    varsos

Sencha User

Thanks for your answer varsos.

The problem with your idea is that grid.columns already contains the changes made programmatically (for example setting different editors, changig column titles, etc.).

I would need to pass the initial declarative column config that was used when first creating the grid as a parameter to grid.reconfigure(). Is there a way to get the initial config?

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

Have you tried getInitialConfig()? https://docs.sencha.com/extjs/6.2.0/...tInitialConfig

Sencha User

Thanks for your answer. Yes I tried that. If I do getInitialConfig('columns') the return value is undefined and if i just do getInitialConfig() I get an object which does not have a member columns. It seems that the documentation is correct in stating:

Returns the initial configuration passed to the constructor when instantiating this class.
    As the columns of my grid are defined in a declarative way and not passed to the constructor they are not available it seems?

I found a way to get the original declarative column config though: grid.self.prototype.columns

However after doing a grid.reconfigure (store, grid.self.prototype.columns) the grid looks as expected but does not work properly anymore (grid.columns is undefined afterwards for example and other weirdness happening - maybe a bug in ExtJS?).

So for now i decided on just completely removing/destroying and readding the grid.

Sencha Premium Member Trevor4001's Avatar
    Answers

It doesn't seem that the initial columns configuration is stored on the grid, view table, nor column manager. I worked around this by storing it on the grid in the constructor.
    Code:
    Ext.define('MyApp.grid.Panel', {
       extend: 'Ext.grid.Panel',

// An array of initial column configurations
       initialColumns: null,

constructor: function(config) {
          this.initialColumns = (Ext.isObject(config) ? config.items : config);
       },

reconfigure: function(store, columns) {
           if (columns === true) {
             columns = this.initialColumns
          }