Thread: Sencha Build with older extjs 4.1.1

Default Sencha Build with older extjs 4.1.1

Hi all,

I just inherited a project that uses Sencha.

1st problem:
    It uses the Sencha Build tool version 3.0.0.250 but this is not available to download from the support section. [5xx error]. Where can I find the version 3.0.0.250 ?

So despite that, I installed a newer version:
    Code:
    $ sencha whichSencha Cmd v3.1.2.342
    But now the problem is when I want to build:
    $sencha app build:

Code:
    [INF] [shellscript] Run with --trace to see the full backtrace
    [ERR] The following error occurred while executing this line:

/project/webapp/.sencha/app/build-impl.xml:197: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    /project/webapp/.sencha/app/build-impl.xml:136: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    /project/webapp/.sencha/app/build-impl.xml:160: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    jar:file:/home/user/bin/Sencha/Cmd/3.1.2.342/sencha.jar!/com/sencha/ant/antlib.xml:550: shellscript returned: 1

Is there a way to find the problem and have a workign build ?

Sencha User

Sencha Cmd 3 is no longer supported or available in the Support portal. What version of Ext JS or Sencha Touch are you looking to build?

Thank you for your answer.

I tried again with the sencha cmd : Sencha Cmd v6.2.0.103
    I would like to build an extjs 4.1.1 [commercial version] that I inherited at work. It seems that I can do an sencha app build on the live server [server which is using the Command version 3].

However in my local machine [ubuntu 64bit] when I try [with Sencha Cmd v6.2.0.103] I end up having:

Code:
    [INF] Processing Build Descriptor : default
    [INF] [shellscript]     error app.scss (/tmp/1/posterdata/project/com.posterdata.web.rest/src/main/webapp/ext/resources/themes/lib/utils.rb:24:in `parsebox''': can'''t modify frozen Array)
    [INF] [shellscript] RuntimeError on line ["24"] of /tmp/1/posterdata/project/com.posterdata.web.rest/src/main/webapp/ext/resources/themes/lib/utils.rb: can'''t modify frozen Array
    [INF] [shellscript] Run with --trace to see the full backtrace
    [ERR] The following error occurred while executing this line:
    /tmp/1/posterdata/project/com.posterdata.web.rest/src/main/webapp/.sencha/app/build-impl.xml:197: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    /tmp/1/posterdata/project/com.posterdata.web.rest/src/main/webapp/.sencha/app/build-impl.xml:136: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    /tmp/1/posterdata/project/com.posterdata.web.rest/src/main/webapp/.sencha/app/build-impl.xml:160: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    jar:file:/home/build_user/bin/Sencha/Cmd/6.2.0.103/sencha.jar!/com/sencha/ant/antlib.xml:674: shellscript returned: 1
    [email protected] /tmp/1/posterdata/project/com.posterdata.web.rest/src/main/webapp $ 
    So I assume that there is something not right with the ruby installation, right ?

Code:
    $ ruby -v
    ruby 2.3.0p0 (2015-12-25 revision 53290) [x86_64-linux]

$ gem list 

*** LOCAL GEMS ***

bigdecimal (1.2.8)
    bundler-unload (1.0.2)
    chunky_png (1.3.7)
    commander (4.4.0)
    compass (1.0.3)
    compass-blueprint (1.0.0)
    compass-core (1.0.3)
    compass-import-once (1.0.5)
    did_you_mean (1.0.0)
    executable-hooks (1.3.2)
    ffi (1.9.14)
    gem-wrappers (1.2.7)
    highline (1.7.8)
    io-console (0.4.5)
    json (1.8.3)
    minitest (5.8.3)
    multi_json (1.12.1)
    net-telnet (0.1.1)
    power_assert (0.2.6)
    psych (2.0.17)
    rake (10.4.2)
    rb-fsevent (0.9.7)
    rb-inotify (0.9.7)
    rdoc (4.2.1)
    rubygems-bundler (1.4.4)
    rvm (1.11.3.9)
    sass (3.4.22)
    test-unit (3.1.5)

Sencha User

Are you able to build a generic application using Cmd 6.2.0 and Ext JS 4.1.1? I would try that to test the installation, and then you might try migrating your application into the working generic application.

Ok I made some more tests.

It seems that I cannot build a sample app using Sencha CMD 6.2.0.103. As test I downloaded the commercial version of 4.1.1 and 4.2.1 from the support section.

I have 2 uncompressed folder:
    Code:
    extjs-4.1.1
    ext-4.2.1.883
    With the version 4.1.1 [that would be the same that I have in production] I have this error appearing

Code:
    $ sencha -sdk extjs-4.1.1/ generate app MyApp ./MyApp_6_411
    Sencha Cmd v6.2.0.103
    [ERR] Unable to locate supported Framework.

Please ensure this command was executed from a supported framework
          directory or that a framework directory was specified via the -sdk switch.
          For example:

sencha -sdk /path/to/framework-dir generate app AppName path/to/app

[ERR] com.sencha.exceptions.ExState: Not a framework directory : extjs-4.1.1/
    [ERR] A crash log is available in the file "/home/davide/Downloads/sencha/extjs-4.1.1/sencha-error-20161018-2.log" please contact Sencha Support and share this file with us.
    But it works OK using the 4.2.1.883 as sdk and the application is generated without issue.

This is the crash report when using 4.1.1. It seems that the framework is not recognized.

Code:
    Sencha Cmd 6.2.0.103 - Crash report================================================
    An error occurred while executing the following command: -sdk extjs-4.1.1/ generate app MyApp ./MyApp_6_411

Diagnostic information:
    =======================
                              cmd.config.dir : /home/user/bin/Sencha/Cmd/6.2.0.103             
                                     cmd.dir : /home/user/bin/Sencha/Cmd/6.2.0.103             
                                cmd.jvm.args : -Xms128m -Xmx1024m -Dapple.awt.UIElement=true     
                  cmd.merge.tool.args.araxis : -wait -merge -3 -a1 {base} {user} {generated} {out}
                  cmd.merge.tool.args.kdiff3 : {base} {user} {generated} -o {out}                
                 cmd.merge.tool.args.p4merge : {base} {user} {generated} {out}                   
               cmd.merge.tool.args.smartsync : {user} {generated} {base}                         
              cmd.merge.tool.args.sourcegear : --merge --result={out} {user} {base} {generated}  
                cmd.merge.tool.args.tortoise : -base:{base} -theirs:{generated} -mine:{user} -merged:{out}
                                  cmd.minver : 3.0.0.0                                           
                                cmd.platform : linux-x64                                         
                         cmd.unicode.escapes : /home/user/bin/Sencha/Cmd/6.2.0.103/unicode-escapes.json
                                 cmd.version : 6.2.0.103                                         
                                cmd.web.port : 1841                                              
                           inspector.address : http://localhost:1839/                            
                              repo.local.dir : /home/user/bin/Sencha/Cmd/repo                  
            system.java.net.useSystemProxies : true                                              

Exception information:
    =======================
    com.sencha.exceptions.ExState: Not a framework directory : extjs-4.1.1/
         at com.sencha.cli.AbstractCommand$Property.set(AbstractCommand.java:408)
         at com.sencha.cli.AbstractCommand.processConfigParam(AbstractCommand.java:530)
         at com.sencha.cli.AbstractCommand.configure(AbstractCommand.java:114)
         at com.sencha.command.Sencha.main(Sencha.java:135)
         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
         at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
         at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)
         at com.install4j.runtime.launcher.UnixLauncher.main(Unknown Source)
       Caused by: Not a framework directory : extjs-4.1.1/
         at com.sencha.command.Sencha.setSdkPath(Sencha.java:427)
         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
         at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
         at com.sencha.cli.AbstractCommand$Property.set(AbstractCommand.java:396)
         at com.sencha.cli.AbstractCommand.processConfigParam(AbstractCommand.java:530)
         at com.sencha.cli.AbstractCommand.configure(AbstractCommand.java:114)
         at com.sencha.command.Sencha.main(Sencha.java:135)
         at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)
         at com.install4j.runtime.launcher.UnixLauncher.main(Unknown Source)
    I also tried with the ext 4.1.1 gpl version and got the same error.

Sencha User

Looks like the minimum supported version of Ext JS is 4.1.1a, rather than 4.1.1. I believe 4.1.1a had support for Cmd 3.0, so I'm hopeful that this will straighten things out here. Are you able to try with 4.1.1a?

OK I can create a sample app with CMD 6 and 4.1.1a. Howerver I have 2 other questions

is 4.1.1a supposed to newer than 4.1.1 ? I noticed that for example the file ext-ie-scoped.css

Build date: 2012-07-04 21:23:42 (65ff594cd80b9bad45df640c22cc0adb52c95a7b)

4.1.1a
    Build date: 2012-07-04 21:11:01 (65ff594cd80b9bad45df640c22cc0adb52c95a7b)

Also I download the commercial version of 4.1.1 and 4.1.1a and it seems that the 4.1.1a is GPL ? For example file ext.js

Code:
    This file is part of Ext JS 4.1

Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sencha Inc

Commercial Usage

4.1.1a
    Code:
    Ext JS 4.1 - JavaScript LibraryCopyright (c) 2006-2012, Sencha Inc.
    All rights reserved.
    [email protected]

http://www.sencha.com/license

Open Source License
    Did I miss something here ? I could not find any release notes on the 4.1.1a. What would be the difference vs the 4.1.1 ?

Sencha User

The only difference I know of is that 4.1.1a has support for Cmd. It may have been released at roughly the same time as 4.1.1. Licensing questions are best directed to our contact form.
    https://www.sencha.com/company/contact/