Thread: RowWidget plugin: widget disappears as soon as I try to type inside

Sencha Premium Member

Exclamation RowWidget plugin: widget disappears as soon as I try to type inside

I am attempting to use the rowwidget plugin. For each row I would like to add one modifiable field.
    However, as soon as I try to modify the value of the field, the widget disappears. I think the problem occurs when the record is modified.

See https://fiddle.sencha.com/#fiddle/1i1q

Steps:
    1. Expand a row
    2. Try typing something into the widget
    3. Widget disappears by itself

Also I cannot get it to work with a widget of xtype form. Any working example would be highly appreciated! This is close to what I want, but still does not work as expected (widget disapears on saving record) : https://fiddle.sencha.com/#fiddle/1i20
    Thanks for any help.

Update:
    Posted the issue yesterday in ExtJS 6.x Bugs forum. Nobody bothered to read and reply to my post. Posted this morning for the same issue in this forum, hoping to have more visibility. Same, nobody from Sencha even bothered to read the post. And I'm not alone as most posts are "unanswered" here. I feel desperate.

Help! I'm stuck since yesterday!

Honestly I think I've had it. Our next applications will probably not use ExtJS, we wasted too much money on this, I spend about half of my time looking for workarounds and tracing ExtJS code because it simply does not work like it should! And nobody seems to be interested to solve customer problems here. Powerful product with bad support!

Sencha User
    Answers

Have you tried opening a ticket in the Support portal? If you're looking for quicker answers, I recommend that over posting to the forums.

Sencha Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Schlosberg View Post
    Have you tried opening a ticket in the Support portal? If you're looking for quicker answers, I recommend that over posting to the forums.
    That's a wise suggestion, only I just found out that our support subscription is over. I'll have to wait for the renewal...