Thread: Generating css style sheet failed

Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for DSGNR-7246 in Architect 4.0.2.
    Sencha Premium User

Default Generating css style sheet failed

I'm using the latest version of Architect and now my existing neptune theme, which has compiled fine for years, no longer works. the colours have gone a bit haywire so I'm having to re-set some variables myself, but now it won't even generate the style sheet. The Log in Architect just says "Generating css style sheet failed". I don't see anything meaningful in the Output tab, either:

Code:
    "C:/Users/mfearby/bin\Sencha\Architect\Cmd/6.2.0.103/sencha" fashion "C:/Users/mfearby/AppData/Local/Sencha/Sencha Architect 4.0/extracted/ext60-compile/build/classic/theme-neptune/theme-neptune-all-rtl-debug.scss" "C:/Users/mfearby/AppData/Local/Sencha/Sencha Architect 4.0/extracted/ext60-compile/build/classic/theme-neptune/css/all.css"
    [INF] Detected change to SASS entry: C:\PROJECTS\ENS\trunk\SenchaArchitect\packages\local\theme-neptune-5ebe4988-eb41-4797-a298-51fb4f08b03b\sass\var\Component.scss
    [INF] Detected change to SASS entry: C:\PROJECTS\ENS\trunk\SenchaArchitect\packages\local\theme-neptune-5ebe4988-eb41-4797-a298-51fb4f08b03b\sass\var\Component.scss
    [INF] Detected change to SASS entry: C:\PROJECTS\ENS\trunk\SenchaArchitect\packages\local\theme-neptune-5ebe4988-eb41-4797-a298-51fb4f08b03b\sass\src\Component.scss

C:\Program Files\Sencha\Sencha Architect 4.0.0>"C:/Users/mfearby/bin\Sencha\Architect\Cmd/6.2.0.103/sencha" fashion "C:/Users/mfearby/AppData/Local/Sencha/Sencha Architect 4.0/extracted/ext60-compile/build/classic/theme-neptune/theme-neptune-all-rtl-debug.scss" "C:/Users/mfearby/AppData/Local/Sencha/Sencha Architect 4.0/extracted/ext60-compile/build/classic/theme-neptune/css/all.css"
    [INF] -----------------------
    Sencha Cmd v6.2.0.103
    [INF] Appending content to C:\PROJECTS\ENS\trunk\SenchaArchitect\bootstrap.js
    [INF] Writing content to C:\PROJECTS\ENS\trunk\SenchaArchitect\bootstrap.json
    [INF] merging 219 input resources into C:\PROJECTS\ENS\trunk\SenchaArchitect\build\development\App\resources
    [INF] merged 0 resources into C:\PROJECTS\ENS\trunk\SenchaArchitect\build\development\App\resources
    [INF] merging 47 input resources into C:\PROJECTS\ENS\trunk\SenchaArchitect\build\development\App
    [INF] merged 0 resources into C:\PROJECTS\ENS\trunk\SenchaArchitect\build\development\App
    [INF] Writing content to C:\PROJECTS\ENS\trunk\SenchaArchitect\sass\example\bootstrap.json
    [INF] Writing content to C:\PROJECTS\ENS\trunk\SenchaArchitect\sass\example\bootstrap.js
    [INF] writing sass content to C:\PROJECTS\ENS\trunk\SenchaArchitect\build\temp\development\App\sass\App-all.scss.tmp
    [INF] appending sass content to C:\PROJECTS\ENS\trunk\SenchaArchitect\build\temp\development\App\sass\App-all.scss.tmp
    [INF] appending sass content to C:\PROJECTS\ENS\trunk\SenchaArchitect\build\temp\development\App\sass\App-all.scss.tmp
    [INF] Writing content to C:\PROJECTS\ENS\trunk\SenchaArchitect\build\development\App\app.json
    [LOG] Building C:/Users/mfearby/AppData/Local/Sencha/Sencha Architect 4.0/extracted/ext60-compile/build/classic/theme-neptune/theme-neptune-all-rtl-debug.scss
    [LOG] Building C:/PROJECTS/ENS/trunk/SenchaArchitect/build/temp/development/App/sass/App-all.scss
    Exiting with code 0

Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xmx1024M
    Exiting with code 0
    [INF] Appending content to C:\PROJECTS\ENS\trunk\SenchaArchitect\bootstrap.js
    [INF] Writing content to C:\PROJECTS\ENS\trunk\SenchaArchitect\bootstrap.json
    [INF] Refresh complete in 10 sec. at 10:20:49 AM
    [INF] -----------------------
    [INF] Waiting for changes...
    Here's my Architect version:

version: 4.0.0.168
    channel: 4.0-stable
    platform: 1.2.3.16 - win32 x64
    cmd: 6.2.0.103
    framework: Ext JS 6.0.x Classic

Could you open your command line and run this command, please?

Code:
    "C:/Users/mfearby/bin\Sencha\Architect\Cmd/6.2.0.103/sencha" fashion "C:/Users/mfearby/AppData/Local/Sencha/Sencha Architect 4.0/extracted/ext60-compile/build/classic/theme-neptune/theme-neptune-all-rtl-debug.scss" "C:/Users/mfearby/AppData/Local/Sencha/Sencha Architect 4.0/extracted/ext60-compile/build/classic/theme-neptune/css/all.css"
    Is there any log output in the console? Does the file exist? C:/Users/mfearby/AppData/Local/Sencha/Sencha Architect 4.0/extracted/ext60-compile/build/classic/theme-neptune/css/all.css

Sencha Premium User

Here is the console output (I've since tried upgrading the project to 6.2 in the hope that this problem might resolve itself, to no avail; so to go moving the goal posts but I was desperate to try to solve it and figured I may as well go to 6.2 for this new project anyway):

Code:
    C:\PROJECTS\ENS\trunk\SenchaArchitect>"C:/Users/mfearby/bin\Sencha\Architect\Cmd
    /6.2.0.103/sencha" fashion "C:/Users/mfearby/AppData/Local/Sencha/Sencha Archite
    ct 4.0/extracted/ext60-compile/build/classic/theme-neptune/theme-neptune-all-rtl
    -debug.scss" "C:/Users/mfearby/AppData/Local/Sencha/Sencha Architect 4.0/extract
    ed/ext60-compile/build/classic/theme-neptune/css/all.css"
    Wat!
    configFile: C:\Users\mfearby\bin\Sencha\Architect\Cmd\6.2.0.103\sencha.cfg
    Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xmx2048M
    Sencha Cmd v6.2.0.103
    [LOG] Building C:/Users/mfearby/AppData/Local/Sencha/Sencha Architect 4.0/extrac
    ted/ext60-compile/build/classic/theme-neptune/theme-neptune-all-rtl-debug.scss
    Exiting with code 0

C:\PROJECTS\ENS\trunk\SenchaArchitect>
    This file does exist after running the command above and has a time-stamp of a couple of minutes ago:

C:\Users\mfearby\AppData\Local\Sencha\Sencha Architect 4.0\extracted\ext60-compile\build\classic\theme-neptune\css\all.css

In fact, I also thought I'd try the Triton theme and the original problem now seems to have gone. I have other problems, but this one has probably been fixed :-) Thanks.

This bug is fixed and will be released in 4.0.2 (soon after upcoming 4.0.1). But there is one more step required the fix is working: you have to delete the folder C:\Users\mfearby\AppData\Local\Sencha\Sencha Architect 4.0\extracted and restart SA (the start will be slower due to recreating that folder).

Sencha Premium User

Thanks Petr. I'll flag this for follow-up and do it when 4.0.2 is released.

Sencha Premium User

I've followed your advice and deleted the folder, which 4.0.2 recreated. In any event, I switched to Triton so I'm sure the problem was fixed when I did that. Thanks.