Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Upgrading from 6.0.2 to 6.2.0 has made all our grids right-align

Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for EXTJS-22517 in 6.2.1.
    Sencha Premium User

I did n't want to use the 6.2.1. But I am working on my projects and after updating Architect for SDK 6.2.0 and also my project it did n't work anymore like before. Maybe you can tell me a way to downgrade my project again, I will go back to 6.0.x?! I just wrote here that with the nightly build its fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Schlosberg View Post
    TonySteele, it's possible the recent fix would correct the problem for tree panels as well. Are you able to test with a nightly to see if this is the case?

Martin Lungershausen, I don't know that the current version will work with Ext JS 6.2.1 since it doesn't support it.

Hooah, I don't currently have a workaround for this. 6.2.1 has not been released yet. It is available in the Support portal, but I don't recommend using it in production until a stable release.

Sencha Premium User

I'm finding that the current value shows as "start" (even though it's not one of the listed options) in Sencha Architect 4 but if I click in there I can choose "left" and it's fine. It'll be unpleasant having to change them all one-by-one but I don't have too many grids in this one project I've thrown at 6.2, so it'll be tolerable.

Sencha Premium User jvandemerwe's Avatar

I have just upgraded to Ext 6.2.0 and I have the same problem too (why wouldn't I?). I wonder how nobody at the development team noticed this. Has this not been tested? If you publish an official release then I expect that it is OK to use it for production. Now I have the problem that I have to get back to Ext 6.0.2, while I was upgrading because some issues I have were solved in Ext 6.2.0.

Is it so hard to hand out a patch for something that was not even broken in the first place. We have to deal with customers and want to have an idea when we can expect version Ext 6.2.1.

My mood is now as in very disappointed, that a crucial thing like this seems not to have been tested. I am using a lot of grids in my programs, so for me it is a big issue.

Sencha User

I´m currently evaluating and starting to create a new app. Today I "upgraded" from 6.0.2 trial to 6.2 - and now I get these issues, and more serious ones as well.

This is really not a good start! My customer will keep on asking me why it takes so much time for a small upgrade. This is far too costly for small companies, they cannot afford paying 1000€ for nothing.

Sencha guys: please test your stuff before releasing it as a stable release!!! That´s your job and that´s what you get paid for!!! These kind of bugs really make me angry. I tend to evaluate other products ot there in the market... :-(

I stumbled upon the same issue while upgrading to 6.2.0.

Because I didn't have many grids what I did was to add align: 'left' to the columns defaults config.

Code:
        columns: {
            defaults: {
                align: 'left'
            },
            items: [
            ]
        },
    If this method does not work for you because you have many grids I guess you can override Ext.grid.column.Column component.

Other issues appeared but they were solved with minimal code changes.

Sencha Premium User jvandemerwe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by abutnar View Post
    If this method does not work for you because you have many grids I guess you can override Ext.grid.column.Column component.

Other issues appeared but they were solved with minimal code changes.
    I think that the code for this override should be provided by Sencha, because they started the fuzz. I have my hands full on the software I have to produce for my customers, so I don't need another job fixing something that should not be broken.

Sencha User

I already tried to set the defaults config to "align :left" within my view layout. No effect.
    Also the override did not work at all.

The alignment issue does not only affect grid columns, but also tree columns.
    The worst change with 6.2 is the way at which point in time stores and controllers are loaded/instantiated. This drives me crazy, now my logic to pre-load language dependent texts before loading stores does not work anymore...

As stated above by jvandemerwe, there shall be a temporary fix provided by Sencha. I cannot wait for 6.2.1 as I have a demo of my current app on Monday. My customer will definitely not accept instable frameworks and will most likely skip Sencha from the list! I don´t wanna lose this project!!!

Sencha Premium Member

If it is so critical, you should stick to 6.0.2.

Because there are some other Problems with the columns which you might not been aware of.

https://www.sencha.com/forum/showthr...tems-in-header
    https://www.sencha.com/forum/showthr...nder-correctly
    https://www.sencha.com/forum/showthr...al-grid-header

This Problems are not present in 6.0.2.

Based on the early releases, version 6.2.1 will probably released in November.
    I will also stick to 6.0.2 until april next year.

Guys, probably we all have clients to satisfy but everyone makes mistakes. Give them a break

Here is the fix for all columns:

Code:
    Ext.override(Ext.grid.column.Column, {
        constructor: function (config) {
            Ext.apply(config, { align: 'left' });
            this.callParent([config]);
        }
    });
    You can put this code in a file in overrides folder. Make sure the folder is not commented in app.json.

Sencha User

2 workarounds from my coworkers

Either change path under classic js in app.json file to this: "path": "${framework.dir}/build/ext-all-debug.js"

Or apply this css for treepanel:
    x-grid-cell-inner-treecolumn{
    text-align: left !important
    }

And this for gridpanel:
    x-grid-cell-inner{
    text-align: left !important
    }

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast