Thread: Multiselect and Cellmodel in a Grid

Default Multiselect and Cellmodel in a Grid

Hello

I have a grid with 3 columns loaded with a simple store, there's any way to allow multiselection with 'cellmodel'?

With 'rowmodel' works fine:
    Code:
    Ext.define('App.MyTable', {    id: 'quickView-table',
        extend: 'Ext.grid.Panel',
        region:'west',
        margins: '5 0 0 0',
        cmargins: '5 5 0 0',
        width: 400,
        selModel: 'rowmodel',
        multiSelect: true, 
        allowDeselect: true,
    But if I change selModel to 'cellmodel' stops working... is it possible to do this?

I also have an extra question: Is there any way to make this working without pressing Ctrl key (only with the mouse)?

Thanks for your help, I'm pretty desperate with this

Quote Originally Posted by slenecleko View Post
    I also have an extra question: Is there any way to make this working without pressing Ctrl key (only with the mouse)?
    I tried the simpleSelect and it's exactly what I need because it works only with the mouse:

Code:
    Ext.define('App.MyTable', {    id: 'quickView-table',    extend: 'Ext.grid.Panel',
        region:'west',
        margins: '5 0 0 0',
        cmargins: '5 5 0 0',
        width: 400,
        simpleSelect: true,
        selModel: 'rowmodel',
    There's any way to do this but with cellmode selection? I saw some examples with spreadsheet but this doesn't allow you to select cell 1 and cell 3, also, there's a column number that I don't need...

Thanks again!

Sencha User
    Answers

You should use spreadsheet selection model in this case.
    If you want to select multiple rows with RowModel without pressing control key you can use Checkbox selection model.

But with spreadsheet selection model there's any way to select cells not in range? I mean, at the example, I need to select "Lisa" and the "Phone" column without selecting "Email" column? Is it possible?
    Also, how can I avoid the first number column?

The checkbox selection model is OK just for row selection, but I need cell selection

Up! Any idea how to solve this type of multiselection?

Sencha User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by slenecleko View Post
    Also, how can I avoid the first number column?
    If you run the example code provided in the class description, you should see that row numberer column is not selectable.

Quote Originally Posted by hakimio View Post
    If you run the example code provided in the class description, you should see that row numberer column is not selectable.
    Sorry, I mean if there's any way to remove that column, not showing it at the table, is it possible?
    Anyway, my principal problem is the range selection, I want to select different cells that aren't in a range (like I said, at the example I want to select the name and the phone without selection the email).

Someone with any solution for this?

Sencha Premium User

I also see the same problem here. It looks like maybe this is either broken or simply not supported. As you have pointed out above, you can not use ctrl clicking to select cells. I do think this should work more like a spreadsheet where you can ctrl click to select cells or shift click to select a range.

Sencha Premium User

After reading the documentation further and spending more time here trying to get this to work. This is clearly a bug and I've now seen referenced in multiple threads. According to the documentation setting mode="MULTI' says you should be able to CTRL click which is not functioning.