Thread: Dom element getting destroyed

Default Dom element getting destroyed

I was implementing a treepanel and the top level I have a column which contains a DOM element stated in html on the description field:

Code:
    parentClientNode = treePanel.getRootNode().appendChild(
    {
    name: jsonStuff.tree[i].parentClientCode, idx: i, description: jsonStuff.tree[i].parentClientName + "<i class='x-fa fa-info-circle' id='myid" + i + "></i>", leaf: false
    });
    That html contains an 'i' icon aligned on the right. That icon is then added an event which will use some information from that node itself - in this case, only a console to prove that it is being called with the right parameters:

Code:

var domIcon = Ext.get('myid' + i);                          
    var level1Function = function(node){
    console.log(node.data.name);
    }; domIcon.on(
    'mouseover', Ext.bind(level1Fun, null, parentClientNode, false)
    );
    All this code is run in a Ajax.request callback and the mouseover events do work. However, after a while I notice that the <i> dom elements are destroyed and the events disappear despite the Ext.get() method still returning the elements for the given id.

Why does this happen ? Is it normal that after typing Ext.get() on the browser's console for an existing id that element is instantly destroyed, and the events destroyed with it ?

Thanks in advance.

Sencha Premium User
    Answers

It could be that your tree is being refreshed and the nodes re-rendered, causing your Description HTML to be readded, and subsequently losing the listener.

I would recommend using event delegation so you don't need to maintain these individual event listeners, and any new/refreshed nodes will have the events handled automatically.

In short, add a listener to the tree's element and decide if the event is firing for the correct <i> element based on class/ids.

Quote Originally Posted by StuartAshworth View Post
    It could be that your tree is being refreshed and the nodes re-rendered, causing your Description HTML to be readded, and subsequently losing the listener.

I would recommend using event delegation so you don't need to maintain these individual event listeners, and any new/refreshed nodes will have the events handled automatically.

In short, add a listener to the tree's element and decide if the event is firing for the correct <i> element based on class/ids.
    Thanks. I understand your solution, but basically what would happen is that I would lose the ability to pass the nodes as arguments, as I can do that with Ext.bind.