Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sencha Themer only for premium, what the?

Ext JS Premium Member

I don't know anything about Themer but it sounds like CSS tool that supports live edit. I'm sure it's good but I use LiveReload to do CSS updates.
    http://livereload.com/

When you edit a CSS, it updates the page w/o a full browser reload. So, if you got a nice CSS editor w/ color pallettes and etc.. then this could be the alternative tool.

Ext JS Premium Member

Another intersting CSS editor is BRACKET. If you open the browser through BRACKET then it supports CSS live update. If you put your cursor on a specific css selector definition then it even highlights the element on the browser. Probably the best CSS editor.

Sencha Premium User mitchellsimoens's Avatar

Except Themer is built to work with Ext JS and how it deploys SASS variables and mixins and yes you get the color picker with saved colors (a la pallet). Yes, you could compile your SASS and LiveReload would pickup the CSS changes. However with fashion, styles are injected into the preview without doing a browser reload. Themer also understands a component's structure and can highlight such elements. Themer will make theming your Ext JS app much easier and quicker.

The webinar will be a great first look to understand what it is more than I can explain here.
    Mitchell Simoens @LikelyMitch

Check out my GitHub:
    https://github.com/mitchellsimoens

Posts are my own, not any current, past or future employer's.

Ext JS Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    Except Themer is built to work with Ext JS and how it deploys SASS variables and mixins and yes you get the color picker with saved colors (a la pallet). Yes, you could compile your SASS and LiveReload would pickup the CSS changes. However with fashion, styles are injected into the preview without doing a browser reload. Themer also understands a component's structure and can highlight such elements. Themer will make theming your Ext JS app much easier and quicker.

The webinar will be a great first look to understand what it is more than I can explain here.
    That would be good. However, I agree with Ops opinion. Charging for Theming Tools seem silly and should be part of standard license. Normally, theming is usually done in the beginning of the project and remains relatively same for rest of it's lifecycle. If you make it even free for Open Source then community can provide free themes which would make ExtJS even more popular. Imagine 1000+ themes for ExtJS, that would be awesome.... Just my opinion.

Sencha Premium User jvandemerwe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sg707 View Post
    If you make it even free for Open Source then community can provide free themes which would make ExtJS even more popular. Imagine 1000+ themes for ExtJS, that would be awesome.... Just my opinion.
    Not only your opinion, include me too. I couldn't agree more, Sencha is really suffering popularity on the internet, this could help a lot.

Sencha Premium User jvandemerwe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kristin.brennan View Post
    We have created features for Ext JS Standard, Pro and Premium to match the value and price of each level. As has always been our policy, we allow any and all customers with a current maintenance and support agreement to upgrade their Sencha licenses to Ext JS Pro or Premium in order to take advantage of new functionality. We are introducing a tremendous amount of new functionality in Ext JS Premium including D3 integration, the calendar component, and Sencha Themer. We are offering existing customers the ability to upgrade to Premium by June 30th and save 20%. I encourage you to attend our upcoming webinars and decide if there is sufficient value in Premium for your business.- Kristin Brennan
    Yes this anwer is what I would expect from the standard Marketing Policy Textbook of Sencha. It is one of the reasons I wrote my initial post anyway. As as customer, and I think I am not the only one, I would like to see that Sencha invests more in the maybe for Sencha not so interesting "complete" and "pro" customers. It seems that so many interestees in your products have left the building. And I don't see many web services either that are build with Sencha either. So I can't imagine that you have all your customer developers working at big companies only. There are still many of us that work for/with single (not quote-500+) companies as customers/employers.

Sencha User

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    Yes, all 3 apps are built with Electron as the native packager.
    Wow, I was sure you still use Qt.
    I even afraid to think how much work was needed to redo Architect from Qt to Electron.

Sencha Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by mtatsky View Post
    Wow, I was sure you still use Qt.
    I even afraid to think how much work was needed to redo Architect from Qt to Electron.
    The application itself was coded in JS so is not too much work as you may image.

JS is a first class citizen language since some years ago, not longer to make html "little interactive" as is was initially introduced by Netscape ~20 years ago.
    UI: Sencha Architect / ExtJS 4 - 6
    Server side: JEE / EJB 3.x / CDI / JPA 2.x/ JAX-RS / JasperReports
    Application Server: WildFly / Weblogic
    Databases: Oracle
    / MySQL / DB2 / Firebird

If you like my answer please vote!

Default New Chrome dev tools

Check out this new post about the Chrome dev tools....seems like you will be able to do live SASS variable editing when clicking on a compiled CSS colour for example....I wonder if that will be enough and we won't need themer?

https://developers.google.com/web/up...ign=Versioning

:-)

Quote Originally Posted by tyladurdan View Post
    Check out this new post about the Chrome dev tools....seems like you will be able to do live SASS variable editing when clicking on a compiled CSS colour for example....I wonder if that will be enough and we won't need themer?

https://developers.google.com/web/up...ign=Versioning

:-)
    Awesome news and best of all - it will be free of charge!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast