Thread: Locked stateful grid + applyState throws error with column not in state

Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha User

Default Locked stateful grid + applyState throws error with column not in state

I have a locked, stateful grid that has dynamically created columns. Before reconfiguring the grid, I grab its current state (which means the dynamically added columns could potentially not be there), reconfigure the grid, and then apply the state.

I realize the applyState method has repercussions that aren't really explained in the API, but have been commented on by support members saying that it's really only used in the initialization of the component... otherwise, it can cause issues (which might explain my issue). However, I'd still like to know if this is a bug... as it seems like defensive programming should be used here.

Anyway, when you fire up my Fiddle, you'll see a blank screen... and that's because there's an error being thrown in the console. TypeError: colState is undefined, and I think this is because of absence of the colState check in Ext.grid.locking.HeaderContainer.applyColumnsState (line 47 in my Fiddle below). It appears that in a normal (not locked) grid, that my code works just fine, but because the locked grid uses a different HeaderContainer, I get my error. In a normal grid, the applyColumnsState appears to have checks for if the column state exists, but the locked HeaderContainer does not.

So, is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong? It's good to note that this locked grid example works in Ext JS 5.1.1.

Sencha User

This bug report might be related.

Sencha User

Thanks! I've posted in the thread you linked.

Sencha User

Thanks for the report. I see the behavior in 6.0.2 but it seems to be fixed using a recent nightly. Are you able to confirm the same using a 6.0.3 nightly?