Thread: Why is the Grid with a BufferedStore such a Prima Donna (Layout run failed)

Answers

Default Answered: Why is the Grid with a BufferedStore such a Prima Donna (Layout run failed)

Disclaimer: right from the start I can say that I am not able to provide you with a fiddle.

In a fairly complex project (based on Admin Dashboard example) I have a Grid with a BufferedStore connected as the center of the UI. This grid lists company records. There are a couple of other grids located under some tabs and some forms for editing, loading when a company is selected.
    I have the same design working perfectly in Ext JS 4.2 but then using the BufferedRenderer grid plug-in.

The Grid has a couple of filter fields attached that are doing filter() on the BufferedStore. Everything works well as long as the grid is well-fed and displays the vertical scrollbars. As soon as the grid is filtered down to less than a screen-full of rows I get the "Layout run failed" error logged to console and the UI stops responding completely.
    Changing the BufferedStore to be a standard Store all is well, but the response with 10000 records is very sluggish. I now have mild success with Ext.defer:ing the requests to load the rest of the data from the backend, but tweaking the defer time and it is so easy to break everything again.

My question is if anyone could share their top 5 do's and don't when dealing with a Grid connected to a BufferedStore so I can see what I am missing here.

Thanks in advance!
    /Mattias (soon crying)

2. Just adding my own thoughts here. Got it working after another night of trying. The main solution was to set reserveScrollbar = true on the grid containing the BufferedStore. This prevented the small movement in the tabpanel causing all the Layout run failed.

Answers

Just adding my own thoughts here. Got it working after another night of trying. The main solution was to set reserveScrollbar = true on the grid containing the BufferedStore. This prevented the small movement in the tabpanel causing all the Layout run failed.

Ext JS Premium Member

Thanks for sharing your solution, sadly it doesn't work for me.
    Have you any more insights what works around the ExtJS bug?

Ext JS Premium Member

In case someone else stumbles over this thread like I did, my fix was to specify align: 'stretch' for my vbox layout of multiple grids:
    Code:
    layout: {
        type: 'vbox',
        align: 'stretch'
    },
    like shown in this thread: https://www.sencha.com/forum/showthr...l=1#post941976