Thread: Trim input in specific text field

Sencha User
    Answers

Default Answered: Trim input in specific text field

Using SA3, I have a form with a field "requestNumber". By right-clicking on it in SA, I was able to add a listener for the 'blur' event,automatically called "onRequestNumberBlur":
    Code:
     listeners: {
       specialkey: 'onRequestNumberSpecialkey',
       blur: 'onRequestNumberBlur'
    }
    In turn, I wrote the listener; the "alert" displays, showing that the listener _is_ being called, but apparently I'm using the trim function incorrectly - probably referencing the field or its value incorrectly. What's wrong with this code?
    Code:
    onRequestNumberBlur: function(component, event, eOpts) {
            alert("blur!");
            component.setValue(component.getValue().trim());
        },
    To be clear, I only want to update the text on BLUR, rather than try to suppress spaces as the user types. That approach seems a bit draconian, and the task is to restore a functionality that was in an earlier product.

2. It turns out the code above _was_ correct! When I built the last version using SA, somehow that change did _not_ get included. When I rebuilt again (with no edits), the change _did_ get included, and then the code worked as desired. Yay!

Sencha User
    Answers

It turns out the code above _was_ correct! When I built the last version using SA, somehow that change did _not_ get included. When I rebuilt again (with no edits), the change _did_ get included, and then the code worked as desired. Yay!