Thread: Running Unit Tests hangs saying "Loading Tests"

Default Running Unit Tests hangs saying "Loading Tests"

I'm trying out Sencha Test v1.0.1.38 on our Sencha based app, and I am having trouble getting unit tests to run. When clicking "Run", Sencha Test hangs saying "Loading Tests" where the "Filter" and "Clear" buttons were, prior to clicking "Run".

Oddly enough, it doesn't hang every time, so I know the scripts work. Every so often I can get the tests to run without hanging, and they work properly.

Any ideas on what could be causing the issue?

Sencha User
    Answers

Hi Nathaniel,
    it can a bug (we found it and it should be repaired in next version).

It happens if you run all browsers or you run one browser? Sometimes ST has a problem restart page in browser and ST thinks that page is loading, but nothing happens. Sometimes Clear button resolve this problem, did you try it?

Maybe if you can provide more information, I can give you better answer. Contact me if you have some other questions.

I have tried running with multiple browsers selected, as well as each browser individually.What I have been doing when it hangs is clicking the "Stop" button, then the "Clear" button, selecting a different browser to use, and then "Run".Sometimes this will work, but it doesn't always..Thanks!

Sencha User

Seeing the same issue. Any attempt to "Run" tests in any browser causes Sencha Test to hang with "Loading Tests"

Sencha User
    Answers

Hi guys, can you provide more information please? Version of ExtJs, Node, Cmd.

Sencha User

I'm seeing this issue as well. Sencha Test is configured to use the 8700 port for proxy server. I have tried changing it from 8700 to 8701, but it's the same outcome after a few test runs. If I restart my machine it works again for a few tries, then the issue reoccurs.
    "Launch application" is checked under Scenario Details, not sure if it has something to do with it.. but it was the only way I could make the tests run.

Sencha Cmd v6.1.2.15
    Node v0.11.10
    Ext 6.0.2.437

Sencha Premium User

I have run into this issue as well. Has anyone figured out the cause and/or workarounds?

When I do get it to work, sometimes the results are inconsistent....ie, the simple 'should pass' test sometimes fails.

Sencha Cmd 6.1.2.15
    ExtJs 6.0.2

Sencha User
    Answers

If it stopped working after few runs, try refresh your Parking Lot - sometimes it happens, that SenchaTest can't find it. Or you can create new one - http://localhost:8800 (or your different port).

Sencha Premium User

Thank you for the quick reply, vojtech.cerveny. Unfortunately, refreshing the parking lot did not resolve this. The window appears to be loading, but stuck...with a message that says 'Waiting for localhost...'.I noticed that in an earlier reply you mentioned that there was a bug and it should be resolved in the next release. Any idea when that will be pushed? I have a premium account and do not see any nightlies available. Any suggestions on how to proceed in the mean time? It seems pretty much unusable at this point. Thanks again