Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Roadmap!?

Sencha Premium Member

I got an email from Sencha offering 20% off upgrades to the Premium version. The alarming thing in that email is that the D3.js and Calendar components will only be offered in Premium. Sencha can you please confirm this is correct?

Sencha Premium User

I too was hoping to use the calendar component (a feature sorely missed in Ext JS compared with other frameworks) but my 1-user "Sencha Complete" license from 2011 is now an "Ext JS Pro" license (which includes Architect, so I've got what I previously had, at least), but only getting the calendar in the top-tier is a bit disappointing.

I've asked if my 1-user Pro can be upgraded to Premium and how much the difference will be.

IMHO, the Premium tier should have the Pivot Grid as well as Sencha Test included, but the Pro should at least have a Calendar. I should probably do more (well, some, if I'm honest) automated testing but my boss isn't going to spring for a new 5-user pack just for that. At least Siesta does have a free version, though the "5-user pack" plague has infected them too, I see :-(

Sencha User

@MikeRH
    Yes. It is correct that Calendar & D3 Adapter will be a part of Ext JS Premium. As a general policy, any new mega-component (such as Pivot Grid, Calendar, etc.) will be added to Ext JS Premium, which is why Pivot Grid was added to Ext JS Premium.

@marc.fearby
    We do allow purchasing a single of license of Sencha Test to customers who have a single license of the framework and have a maintained their subscription.

Sencha Premium Member

I have a single license as well...will there be a single license available for the D3.js integration?

Sencha - Sales Team

If you send an email to [email protected], I can refer for an upgrade. There is currently a 20% incentive for any Premium upgrades through 6/30/16, so inquire ASAP

Sencha Premium Member

If the calendar widget is a mega-widget, than any additional complex widget can be seen as an add-on for Premium only - that drives me mad ... this policy gets worse with every public product-announcement of Sencha ..

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    @MikeRH
    Yes. It is correct that Calendar & D3 Adapter will be a part of Ext JS Premium. As a general policy, any new mega-component (such as Pivot Grid, Calendar, etc.) will be added to Ext JS Premium, which is why Pivot Grid was added to Ext JS Premium.

Ext JS Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by MikeRH View Post
    I have a single license as well...will there be a single license available for the D3.js integration?
    I don't know exactly what D3 plugin to ExtJS does but I can tell you what I've done. Just create a class that extends 'Component'. There you can just create a simple tag '<div id=' + Ext.id() + '</div>' then you can add in the D3 magic by hooking with 'afterrender' listener. At least this is the way I handle it. Would like to know how others do it.

Sencha Premium User

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    It is correct that Calendar & D3 Adapter will be a part of Ext JS Premium.

Using D3 & Data Visualization in Ext JS

Available in Ext JS 6.2, not in 6.1?

Ext JS Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by LesJ View Post

Using D3 & Data Visualization in Ext JS

Available in Ext JS 6.2, not in 6.1?
    Thanks for that link and now I get their D3 Visualization. Basically, they are providing more charting widget that is D3 based. I wonder how it handles on D3 components that doesn't exist in the library..do they provide a component that can be customizable?

Sencha Premium User mitchellsimoens's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sg707 View Post
    Thanks for that link and now I get their D3 Visualization. Basically, they are providing more charting widget that is D3 based. I wonder how it handles on D3 components that doesn't exist in the library..do they provide a component that can be customizable?
    Come to SenchaCon :P
    Mitchell Simoens @LikelyMitch

Check out my GitHub:
    https://github.com/mitchellsimoens

Posts are my own, not any current, past or future employer's.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast