Thread: Building the Admin Dashboard example with Visual Studio plug in

Sencha Premium User

Default Building the Admin Dashboard example with Visual Studio plug in

HI there,
    I am moving across to ExtJS6 and like what I see there. As pert of this I'd like to be able to build the Demonstration Examples, especially the Admin Dashboard from within Visual Studio. I tried copying over various directories but without any success.
    Are there simple steps I can follow to build it correctly?

Thanks
    craig

Sencha - Product Team
    Answers

Hi!,
    Following steps works for me:
    1. In Visual Studio, create a standalone Ext JS Web Site, which can be added to ASP.NET projects. choose File > New > New Web Site. Next, on the left-hand panel, select Templates > Visual C#, and finally select Ext JS Web Site from the main panel, In WebLocation, specify "Admin" (for name space instead of ExtWebSiteX) and click OK:
    2. In Visual Studio, "F5" and verify sample app works
    3. Replace directories app, classic, modern, resources, saas, index.html, app.js, app.json with those from Admin template
    4. Go to Admin directory and From Cmd, type sencha app refresh
    5. From Cmd, type sencha app build development
    6. Open Admin in visual studio. "F5", verify that Admin app shows up

Sencha Premium User

Hi Sandeep,
    Thanks for your instructions. I followed them and got the following as part of the build command. I have tried it a number of times (closing other apps etc) but to no avail. Any idea how to increase the timeout for the sass?
    Cheers
    Craig

[INF] appending sass content to C:\Users\Craig\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\Admin\Admin\Sencha\build\temp\development\Admin\sass\Admin-all.scss.tmp
    [INF] Aliases are enabled
    [INF] Aliases are enabled
    [ERR]
    [ERR] BUILD FAILED
    [ERR] com.sencha.exceptions.ExBuild: Timed out waiting for sass build completion
    [ERR]
    [ERR] Total time: 1 minute 41 seconds
    [ERR] ================= Phantomjs Output =================
    [ERR] loading page http://localhost:1841/sass/example/fashion.html?phantomjs=true

A
    ddendum:
    I just found this post https://www.sencha.com/forum/showthr...5-Sass-Timeout. It seems that I needed to go back to an earlier version where everything would work okay. I did. it did. All is well until I ran it, at which point there were a mass of file not found errors. These required files in "http://localhost:7800/ext/build/examples/admin-dashboard/classic/resources/Admin-all_1.css?_dc=1456842170012/" which doesn't exist.

Did you create your project as a sub project in the sencha ext tree rather than in the visual studio projects directory?

Sencha - Product Team
    Answers

Hi!
    The Admin project that I created is in the visual studio projects and I used Sencha Cmd v6.1.0.65. We found that like you some people faced Cmd issue with sass build timeout. We will be releasing new version of Cmd soon that will fix this issue. Thanks.

Sencha Premium Member

When is that release date?

Sencha - Product Team
    Answers

Hi!
    We released Sencha Cmd 6.1.1 couple of weeks back. To download the new version, please visit the Support Portal, using your activated support account, or you can download it from the Sencha Cmd download page. Thanks.

Sencha Premium Member

So it is confirmed that the issue referenced in Post #4 above is fixed with Cmd version 6.1.1? the SASS build timeout problem? I glossed over the Cmd Blog postings and did not see it referenced.

Sencha - Product Team
    Answers

Hi,
    Here's forum post with users reporting that the issue is fixed now. https://www.sencha.com/forum/showthr...5-Sass-Timeout

Sencha Premium Member

I want to also point out that in step 4 of Sandeep's post above you will not necessarily need to do this if your have the VS plugin installed and built the project from within Visual Studio. If you go to the "Sencha" directory that was created, where you are copying code, you can do a right click and get the menu and then choose to have the Sencha APP WATCH started up so it will auto rebuild the code base and update the micro loader as you make changes.