Thread: Failed to create new workspace in exisiting Sencha Touch workspace

Sencha Premium Member

Default Failed to create new workspace in exisiting Sencha Touch workspace

After installing Sencha Test Studio, I opened it and attempted to create a new workspace in the same location as my existing Sencha Touch application. It showed the 'Generating using Sencha Cmd 6.0.2.14' message briefly and then it disappeared and showed the opening screen again (open workspace/create new workspace view). I found the logs and the only entry I could see after the initial report that there were no settings yet was:

<userdir>\.sencha\Studio 6\user.license does not exist!
    [That might be a bug in and of iteself, do I need to get a user.license file somehow?]

I have since created a new workspace in a separate location with the same error. I'm not sure what the issue was.

Also, I set the SDK as the Sencha Touch SDK location (separate from the location of my touch folder in my app).

You should be able to use Open Workspace to just open an existing Sencha Cmd application (since they are also workspaces), but I will check this scenario out along with the other you reported.
    Don Griffin

"Use the source, Luke!"

Sencha Premium Member

Sounds good, this is basically separate from the other bug report, but it may be related. (Two different symptoms of the same underlying problem?) Either way, it looks like there might be an issue with the Test Studio not working with Sencha Touch 2.4.2. I can get my copy to work with Ext JS6, but all the apps I'm working on right now are Sencha Touch apps (and so far my conversion from 2.4.2 to ExtJS6 isn't going well).