Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Implement Grid Filter

Sencha User

Default Answered: Implement Grid Filter

Hi,

I want to implement a grid filter. As of now, if there are two values in one cell, the list filter shows value1, value2 as shown in the figure below.

Filters.jpg

But, I need to implement in such a way that, all the values should appear one below the other and it should eliminate all the duplicate records as shown in the below figure.

Filters_1.jpg

Please let me know on how to implement this filter.

2. Thanks for the Fiddle. For your list filter, you'll want to provide a store config that provides a list of the values that you want to be available for it.

But as I look at what you're trying to accomplish, it occurs to me that the list filter isn't going to achieve the desired end out of the box. When you use the list filter, the selected values are going to be added to an array and then compared against the values that equal the value for the dataIndex of the column being filtered. Since you have complex data for the CARNAME dataindex, the filter--out of the box--isn't going to be able to do the kind of matching logic that you're after (it'll work for "Corolla", but not for the one where there is an array of values).

https://fiddle.sencha.com/#fiddle/13b3

I would encourage you to extend the List filter and create a custom component in which you can implement the specialized matching logic that you need.

Thanks!
    Joel

Sencha User
    Answers

Hi--

You should be able to use the "store" config of the list filter to provide the datasource that you want to use for the menu list:

http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/5.1/5.1...List-cfg-store

Thanks!
    Joel

Sencha User

Hi Watson,

I am very new to ExtJS framework. Can you please elaborate on the usage of filter store?
    How can I bind b/w the data source of the store and the actual data present in the grid?

Thanks!

Sencha User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Nandu007 View Post
    Hi Watson,

I am very new to ExtJS framework. Can you please elaborate on the usage of filter store?
    How can I bind b/w the data source of the store and the actual data present in the grid?

Thanks!
    The "store" config allows you to specify a store that will be used as the datasource for the menu items. My suggestion would be to create a store that contains the discreet data values that you want to be available in the menu, and then use that store as the source of that list filter.

Thanks!
    Joel

Sencha User

I got that. Now I can get the values in the menu. My question is, how can I bind the menu values to that of the data stored in grid?
    Once I select the values from the filter, it should filter based on the match with the grid data right? How can I do this?

Sencha User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Nandu007 View Post
    I got that. Now I can get the values in the menu. My question is, how can I bind the menu values to that of the data stored in grid?
    Once I select the values from the filter, it should filter based on the match with the grid data right? How can I do this?
    Assuming that the value fields are the same, it should just filter it. Can you share an example of the issue? https://fiddle.sencha.com

Thanks!
    Joel

Sencha User

Hi,
    I have shared an example. In fiddler, I am not able to replicate the list filter. Except that everything is same as my original code.
    In my original code, if I try to filter, it shows [object, Object] in the menu of the list filter since I have explicitly used a renderer for models column. I even tried using string filter. It doesn't filter anything.

https://fiddle.sencha.com/#fiddle/139t

Sencha User
    Answers

Thanks for the Fiddle. For your list filter, you'll want to provide a store config that provides a list of the values that you want to be available for it.

But as I look at what you're trying to accomplish, it occurs to me that the list filter isn't going to achieve the desired end out of the box. When you use the list filter, the selected values are going to be added to an array and then compared against the values that equal the value for the dataIndex of the column being filtered. Since you have complex data for the CARNAME dataindex, the filter--out of the box--isn't going to be able to do the kind of matching logic that you're after (it'll work for "Corolla", but not for the one where there is an array of values).

https://fiddle.sencha.com/#fiddle/13b3

I would encourage you to extend the List filter and create a custom component in which you can implement the specialized matching logic that you need.

Thanks!
    Joel

Sencha User

Hi Watson,

Thanks a lot! for your response. I will try this and report back.

Sencha User

Hi Watson,

Can you tell me the difference between using fields inside model and to declare fields explicitly? Because if I use fields inside model it won't filter even if there is one record.

Code:
    model: Ext.create('Ext.data.Model', {
        fields: ['CNAME', {
            name: 'CARNAME',
            mapping: 'CAR.CARNAME'
        }]
    })
    and

Code:
    fields: ['CNAME', {
        name: 'CARNAME',
        mapping: 'CAR.CARNAME'